17th Page: The Hidden Ruins

With (Y/N)...

"Well, this wasn't how I'd expected the rest of my day to go..." (Y/N) commented as he found himself in an unfamiliar land.

Last he remembered, he was reaching for something inside the pillar of, it had seemed like a weapon of sorts.

Looking around, (Y/N) couldn't see all that much, though going by the air around him, it seemed as if he was in some massive open room.

"Am I back at the place I found this mask?" (Y/N) wondered as he took off the Ancient God's Mask, a thoughtful look on his face.

Looking around, however, it didn't seem to be the case.

"Alright, well I guess it's time to figure out where I am, no use in standing around." Resolving himself, (Y/N) began to walk forward into the darkness, intending to find where he was.

With the others...

"Do you think he'll be ok?" Mimosa whispered in worry as she thought back to (Y/N), of whom disappeared in a flash of red light, and she couldn't help but worry.

"That moron isn't going to let himself die on something like that." Noelle sighed, though inwardly she was also worried.

"Trust in (Y/N), he's an idiot at times, but he'll come through when it really matters." Yuno stoically spoke as a small smile covered his face, Asta nodding beside him.

"You two seem awfully trusting to (Y/N), even more than brothers. Why is that?" Klaus asked curiously as he peaked everyone's attention. Even Alice didn't know the full history the three boys shared.

"Isn't that the story. Sure, we'll tell." Asta laughed as he nodded at Yuno, beginning to tell the story.

"It was when we were still kids..." Asta began, a reminiscent look on his face.

"One day, Asta and I were walking towards the Church alone. We'd just come back from delivering a letter to the leader of the nearby town, and we got into a fight there, both of us coming out with wounds covering us." Yuno reminisced as he laughed slightly.

"Yeah, I basically took the brunt of all the attacks, so I was really worn out by then. As we were getting closer to the Church, some group of kids came out of the shadows and began harassing us for being commoners, though neither of us really had the energy to care at the time." Asta continued as Yuno nodded, recalling the time.

"And?" Alice asked curiously as both boys seemed to nod off into their minds, forgetting they were telling a story.

"Oh, right. We tried to just get past them, since we were already tired, until one of them grabbed me. Or at least, he tried to. Before either of us had even realized it, (Y/N) was standing in front of us, protecting us from them, and I don't think I'll ever be able to forget that day." Asta and Yuno shared a laugh as they both thought back to the memory, slightly confusing the group.

"He'd saved you once and that's it?" Sol asked incredulously as the two boys before her shook their heads.

"No. The reason we won't ever be able to forget that day is pretty simple. After some time, (Y/N) had told us to back away as he faced the kids. Since both of us were worn down by then, we did as he said. To this day, that scene still seems unreal." Asta laughed as Yuno continued.