011

NOTE// so finally...the official trailer is here for Dust Bones! (took me hours but it's finished! woohoo!)

        THE DRESS was mine, finally. The lady who ran the shop was trying to tell me that I couldn't buy it, for it was not for sale when clearly there was a sign that it was. Harry ended up throwing cash on the counter, angrily telling her that she can keep the change and we walked out with the dress. For that only purpose, Harry has been quite useful for me.

        It was a white dress, cut out back so my skin there would show. It flowed with me, it felt heavenly on me. Soft material, cooling and snug around my body. I loved it. I fell in love with a dress, and personified it so it seemed like my friend. My only friend.

        Once I was relocated, I could not contact my other friends no matter how much I wanted to. No matter how close we got to each other in that time period I was in a specific location. It was bad of me to even dial a number without the consent of my father. It was horrible. Not having one friend. But it is the life I live.

        When I returned, I was greeted by my sister Paige Gates. She was fifteen, two years younger than me. I tried to send her a smile, and when I did she rejected the idea of looking happy or showing any kindness towards me. She would say I was the favored daughter. The pretty one, the loved one.

        Not a single moment would pass by when I'd try and convince her that was not true. Paige just hates me and hates the attention I get, which is equal to what she obtains, but she still refuses to believe that. I crave her sisterly approval of certain things. But when I said I was going to the party, and she said she was told to stay indoors, I could see the envy and the hatred in her eyes.

        I sat on my bed, staring at the wall ahead of me. Luckily, Harry was somewhere else. He seemed to be working on something with my father, and then declared that he will be taking a nap before the party. Paige stayed in the room across from mine. She would occasionally ask one of the men for a glass of water or something she could use to entertain herself. 

        But she would not go near me.

        I sighed heavily to myself, deciding that if I wanted to look good, I should start before hand. I began to do my makeup. Perfect wings across my eyelids and some eyeshadow for show. I brushed mascara into my eyelashes, and realized that I was finished with makeup much faster than I really thought. I wasn't going to wear foundation considering I didn't have any of that with me.

        There was a flat iron in one of the drawers of the vanity, and I was shocked to see it. How convenient. Apparently, my father does know me. I used it to make my hair look decent, figuring leaving it down would be best. I spent another thirty minutes on that before I looked at the clock. Seven twenty already.

        I started to undress myself, kicking off articles of clothing until I stood in nothing but my underwear. I decided wearing a bra with the dress wouldn't be necessary, considering it is not see through and its material is not thin. Plus, my back will be showing, so there wasn't a need for a bra. All of this was pointless, however the second I turned around the door was being opened.

        A scream slipped my lips as I saw the pair of green eyes that I came to feel uncomfortable with widen for a slight second before I shouted, "Get the Hell out!" My heart was in my throat, knowing he'd just seen me bare from the waist up.

        This feels like being violated by eyesight. I felt my face burning hot as I snapped and pressed my hands against my breasts, covering them from him. He hadn't closed the door again until he'd come back down from astonishment, which was about three seconds after I screamed for him to get out.