[65] Mullingar

.

.

Avery Holmes

.

.

Within the next week, we were on a plane to Mullingar.

The fans had all found out the whole story after it was leaked online and went insane. Niall's band did some conferences to clear things up and announced that they were working on another album, which made everyone go completely insane (as if it hadn't already happened.)

Niall was told that we were in the clear to have a week to ourselves. His team even encouraged it because of all the stress we had been through lately and even booked the tickets for him. For Niall, it was the ultimate stress reliever. For me, it sent my nerves into overdrive.

This whole week I have been on edge. It usually happens when I'm about to go to bed- I start to think about Jake's death and start to blame it on myself. I can't help it. And when we were questioned by the police, I just couldn't wrap my head around it all. For the first three days, I was a bit out of it (we all were), but now it seemed that we were getting back to as normal as we could get.

"I cannot believe we have our own plane." I gasped as we started to go through the terminal. "What are private planes even like!?"

"Private." Niall shrugged. I gave him a look and he laughed, pecking me on the lips.

"Private." Aimee giggled. "Private parts."

"Aimee!" I exclaimed, laughing as I clamped my hand over her mouth. I was the parent that, instead of scolding my child, laughed at her bad behavior. I just couldn't help myself. Niall was cackling along with me as he took my hand and pulled me to the end of the terminal, where our jet was waiting. I was giddy thinking about what it looked like.

A flight attendant stopped us on the way and smiled widely at us.

"I'm Mindy and I'll be taking care of you on your flight today." She said, shaking our hands. I guessed that she was either in her late forties or early fifties. "And would you like a sticker little lady?" She bent down to Aimee's level and held out a pack of stickers. Aimee gasped and snatched the whole pack from her hands.

"I'm so sorry." I apologized, trying to get the sticker book out of Aimee's clutches.

"No worries." Mindy said. "We've got plenty more, she can keep it."

Aimee smiled brightly and ran inside the plane. We both followed her with our luggage and I gaped at how luxurious it was. There were leather seats in rows and tables for us to put our food and small flat screens on the walls. It was like our own house in the air.

"It's gonna be hard flying business class after this." I chuckled, sitting down beside Niall in one of the first rows.

"You won't have to fly business anymore." Niall said.

"I could get used to that." I smirked. Aimee sat down in the seat beside Niall and flipped through the pages of the sticker book. I knew that by the end of the flight they would all be gone, but it was nice that she was preoccupied for the ride.

Niall helped Aimee get buckled in and it wasn't long until we took off. I squeezed onto Niall's hand while holding my breath, my heart pounding in my chest. The beginning of the plane ride was always the scariest for me. The feeling of leaving the ground just gave me goosebumps.

"Babe, you're fine," Niall whispered in my ear. He brought the armrest that was between us up and pulled my body into his. He was so warm- he always was. He was basically like my personal blanket.