john #6 | crimson & clover

(A/n: this is a marriage plot!! This specific plot will tailor to females. If any male readers want me to do a male friendly one, just comment!)

Today was the day you were to walk down the isle to your best friend. Two years ago today was the day John asked to marry
you. You gladly accepted.

You had picked out the cutest dress possible. A long gown the brought out your curves but still held some modesty. Something you and John would love.

It was just minutes before your special moment when the perfect song came to your head; Crimson & Clover.

"Now I don't hardly know her"

You took your first step down the isle, John watching you intently.

"But I think I could love her"

All the memories fled back to John in that moment. They moment he knew he was in love with you. The feeling of your caress. Your first kiss, first everything. He smiled at the memories, love within his heart.

"Well if she come walkin' over, now I've been waiting to show her"

Your face was nearly crimson when you got to the end of the isle. Your hands met John's and you blushed even deeper. "Hello darling" John said leaning into your ear. "Hello Johnny" you whispered back smiling. The priest then took over. He signaled for John to read his vows;

"Y/n, I promise all my love to you. I always have. From the moment I met you as a teenager to now and forever. Don't ever once doubt my love and care for you. Through thick or thin I'll be with you, my love. With this ring I forever vow myself to you" he said tearing up while sliding the ring onto your finger.

"Now y/n, go on with yours" the priest ordered. You went on;

"John, my love, my everything, you mean the world to me. I pledge my love to you forever. These last six years with you have been amazing, I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you. With this right I vow my heart and sole to you" you said sliding a ring onto his finger, smiling up at him with tears in your eyes.

"I now pronounce you man and wife, you may kiss the bride"

The song ended with your first kiss as man and wife. Making 'crimson and clover' a song you would cherish for life. A song you would reference when both of your boys were born. Something you lean on when times were rough. You always came back to it.

It was Crimson and Clover, over and over.