Prologue

Warning: The prologue is kinda emotional and covers a few sensitive topics. Nothing major in detail though, but I felt it was only fair to let readers know. Most chapters will not be like this, however, there will be some. This prologue only covers your characters life growing up, until where the story will pick up! That is all <3

P.s. It's not this sad all the time only once in awhile!! And I promise the rest of the book is way better than this prologue.

Okay now that's all lol...

My name is Y/N Y/L/N, I'm 24 years old and let's just say that I had a complicated childhood.

Everything changed when I turned 6, one moment I was hanging with my family in our house celebrating my birthday and then I wasn't. They came out of no where, and before anyone could do anything, all of the people I knew and loved were stripped away from me. Some were beaten as they fought to get free, others were cuffed, and all I could do was sit and watch as my mother, father, and other family members were stuffed into a big van. The last memory I have of my mother is of her tear stained face telling me that everything was gonna be okay....

However, somehow we both knew deep down that we would probably never see each other again...

I was never told the full story, but as I grew older I figured it out. My family was forcibly deported back to Mexico, after being found by the government and I was left in America because my mother gave birth to me in California. I was put in an orphanage and after a few months, was adopted by a loving and kind family. They had another child, a boy named Sam, who was the same age as me. I was still so young and scared that it took the couple weeks just to get me to stop running and hiding from them. I was scared of the world, my family was taken away from me and I had no idea why, and I missed my mother and father. It took a few more months, but I slowly came around to like my new found family. They treated me well, and I enjoyed playing with Sam. I grew to love and accept them as my parents and brother, so much actually, that when I turned 9, I started to call them mom and dad. I slowly was able to forget the pain of my birth family being taken away from me.

However, I wasn't prepared, nor expected to have to lose another. The night started out like any other...Until our house burst into flames from a gas leak.

My new life that took me so long to love, was taken from me yet again. My new father never made it out of the fire and my brother now suffered lung damage from the smoke. Some how my new mother and I escaped with only a few cuts and burns, and there is still not a day that goes by where I wish I could have taken my fathers place. It wasn't fair, they took me in, loved me, cared for me, dealt with my scared and broken mind. So, why was I the one who lived? I spent years blaming myself for something that I couldn't control and was in and out of therapy for almost 5 years.

It wasn't until I reached my senior year of highschool and was 18 years old that it changed for the better.

My brother was finally getting the care he needed to help treat his damaged lungs and I was accepted into a really good dance academy and given a full-paid 4 year scholarship to do the one thing that had kept me going. Through it all, dance allowed me to escape my thoughts and release my feelings in a way that didn't hurt myself. My mother was proud of me and I didn't want to leave her and my brother behind, but she insisted that I go and pursue my dreams.

The academy was where I met my best friend Laura, and who I now share an apartment with in New York. We were the best at the academy, which landed us a job working as dancers for singers, bands, events and more. Although I was far away from my mother and brother, I made sure to video them often and visit as much as possible, especially during the holidays.

I didn't think life could get any better, but it did.

Laura and I got into a fight one night, while at a bar about who could dance better. So, we ended up having a dance off and when we finished we were approached by a woman who ended up being a manager for the very popular and famous singer Ariana Grande. She explained to us how she really liked our dancing and how she was looking for a few people to add to Ariana's dance team. Laura almost fainted on the spot when the lady asked us if we would be interested in joining. Without even thinking, we both said yes and now we start working beside one of the industries top singers in just one week.

What will this new job bring into Y/N's life now?

A/n:

I want to say that reading this now that my book has over 30 chapters. that damn this is kind of bad haha. I promise that the rest of the story is much better!