Invites and Cars

When Daniel and I made it back to school, it was around 1:30. School was pretty much over, but I mean, whatever. So sitting through boring last period, I decided to check my phone.

Diego:

- Hey! There's a party tonight, and I was wondering if you wanted to go with me?

I was completely unsure. I mean, I haven't gone to a party for a long time. And I'm trying to get over things right now. But it would be nice to have a good time for once.

So finally, I decided. I'm going to that party!!

Time lapse....

Molly was coming over after school to help me get ready for the party. When I told the girls what I was going to do, they screamed and jumped around in the parking lot. Then, my dad called. He said he had something for me when I got home.

And let me tell you, I was beyond surprised! Waiting in the driveway was my father and 2014 Dodge Challenger. "Uh...dad?"

He smiled and held out his arms. "Happy early birthday?"

I laughed. "My birthday isn't for a while."

"Well I figured, your car is crap and this one is not. So I junked the old one and bought you the new one." He grinned and patted the hood of the sleek black car. "So here ya go!" He tossed me the keys.

I hugged him and said 'thank you' before going inside. I still wasn't used to the space in my new home. Lilli was chewing on a bone in the living room and my mom was at work. "Mia, I'm going to work! Call if you need anything!" My dad yelled to me before leaving.

Now for the party....

Time lapse........

I drove to the given address in my new car, while playing 92.3 on the radio. I was wearing a ripped black skinny jeans, a red crop top, and a leather jacket. Molly helped me with my makeup and curled my hair.

I pulled up to the house, but parked across the street. The lawn was already littered with red solo cups and passed out teens. Guys admired my car from afar as I locked it and shyly walked into the crowd inside. Music echoed off the walls and the smell of sweat overwhelmed the halls.

I searched the crowds for Diego when someone grabbed my shoulder. "Hey! You made it!" Diego shouted over the music. "You look amazing!" His eyes scanned my body, but stopped before it got creepy or gross. "C'mon, I'll introduce you to my friends."

I followed him to a group sitting down playing spin the bottle. "Guys, this is Mia. I met her at the haunted house I worked at. Mia, this is Grant, Lennie, Calum, Nick, and Joe."

"Where's Kevin?" I laughed at my own joke while they watched me in confusion. "I-uh... The Jonas Brothers... Nick, Joe, and Kevin? Yeah, sorry. Nice to meet you guys." I blushed and looked down.

(Time lapse........)

Diego and I were dancing now. It was kinda awkward, but fun. "I'm gonna go get a drink! Want one?" Diego asked, letting go of my waist. I shook my head no and watched as he walked away.

I waited... And waited... And waited some more. Diego never made an appearance. I was just about to go look for him until someone latched onto my hips and began dancing. I figured it was Diego so I started dancing too. But then he started to kiss around my collarbone. "Diego?" I turned, only to find someone else latched on. I tried to push him off, but he just dug his nails farther into my skin. "Hey, you're hurting me. Let go!" He ignored me and kept going. I shoved and pushed, but nothing worked. I scanned the room for Diego but he was nowhere in sight.

Suddenly, a figure pushed through the rowdy crowd and tackled the guy. I watched as the figure punched away, while the boy, who had been so very persistent before, was doing nothing. "Hey! Stop it!" The figure's head shot to me and I gasped. "Daniel?"

Daniel got up and grabbed me, leading me away and out of the house. Once we were outside, he stopped and hugged me. He let go and held my face in his giant hands, scanning it with his eyes. "Are you okay? Are you hurt?" I slapped his hands away.

"Why did you do that?" I pouted at him.

"What do you mean?" He looked like a confused puppy, tilting his head to the side with his big brown eyes.

"You just started beating on him! His face was covered in blood when you were done with him!" I shouted, running my hands over my face.

Daniel looked taken back. "Listen, sweetheart, I was just helping you. He wouldn't get his filthy paws off you, so I did something about it! He obviously wasn't listening to you! But why do you even care? So what, I punched the douche in the face a couple times! He was planning on doing something way worse then what he was doing to you before anyways! So why do you care?" He growled.

I just frowned and looked down. "I just don't like violence." His face dropped with guilt and he took a step forward. I stopped him and shook my head. "Goodnight Daniel."

I got into my car and went home. Have I ever told you, I'm not a fan of parties?