Chapter 33

Peter stared down at his chest as a soft blue light was seen through his thin shirt. It was still a little weird looking down to see an arc reactor in his chest, but it was the only thing that kept him alive for now. When he woke up, he was only awake for a few minutes before his heart gave out again. Tony made the decision and quickly went to the lab to make an arc reactor that was even better than his. It kept Peter alive. Tony was scared Peter would be mad at him.
~~flashback~~
Peter woke up again and his chest felt cold. But it wasn't just his chest. The coolness was also inside the area. He tried to look down, but his chest was covered by a sheet. Tony saw he was awake and gave a sad smile.

"Hey bud. How are you feeling?" He grabbed Peters hand and gave it a squeeze. Peter smiled at him reassuringly.

"I'm fine. You don't need to worry about me." Tony smiles at the kid before his eyes filled with guilt. Peter gave him a confused look. He sighed and ran a hand down his face.

"I'm sorry Pete. I didn't want to do this, but it was the only option I had left." Peters confusion didn't clear and Tony lifted the sheet off his chest. He gasped as he saw the reactor and slowly touched it with his hand. Tony started to apologize again until Peter smiled at him.

"Dad it's okay. It's keeping me alive and awake. Besides, I'm more like you now." Tony gave a slight chuckle before pulling him into a hug.
~~end of flashback~~
Peter smiled at the memory as he began to get ready for school. He was scared to see how everyone would react. He hasn't seen Mj, Ned, or Wade since he woke up. They knew he was awake, but they didn't know about the reactor. He put on a thick sweater and some skinny jeans before walking out of his room.
—time skip—
Peter walked through the doors and the talk in the halls stopped immediately. They all looked at him in shock. He smiled awkwardly before he made his way to his friends. When they saw him, they pulled him into a hug and they stood there for a few minutes. They noticed something hard on Peters chest.

"Peter, what is that?" Peter opened his mouth to answer but the bell went off. He smiled apologetically then headed to his class.
—time skip agin because I'm lazy—
They were now in gym when the worst thing that could happen... happened.

"Alright were gonna play a game of shirts and skins. On skins we have Thompson, James, Blackwell, Parker..." the list continued but Peter just stood as everyone else took off their shirts. The others saw, but they didn't say anything. Not even Flash. But then the coach noticed.

"Parker, you're on skins. That means no shirt." Peter just looked at the coach with pleading eyes.

"Can I switch with someone please? I'd rather not." The coach didn't budge as he gestured to Peters shirt. He sighed and tried to ignore the gasps as he took off his shirt. The gasps weren't just for the arc reactor, even though that was the main reason. They looked at him in shock as they saw his abs and scars. He sighed and placed his shirt on the bleachers.

"Happy?" The coach looked at him apologetically until his gaze shifted to another student.

"Why do you have an arc reactor?" Flash asked. He knew a building fell on Peter and he was surprised that he was alive. But he was still confused as to why he had something that only iron man had. Peter glared at him.

"Because my heart stopped and couldn't keep me alive." Everyone just stared at him as their shock grew.

"You actually know Tony Stark?" Peter rolled his eyes.

"No. He just saved me from a building and gave me a reactor because he felt like it." He grabbed his shirt and put it back on.

"Can I leave now?" The coach nodded and Peter left the gym. He called his dad and he was there in less than ten minutes. He left the school and headed home.
—time skip—
Peter was sitting in front of the mirror, staring at the reactor in his chest, when there was a knock on the door.

"Daddy? Uncle Bucky wants to know if you want some cookies. They're really good." Peter smiled softly as he put his shirt on. He opened the door and smiled at the girl. He ruffled Camryns hair before she grabbed his hand and pulled him to the living room. The whole team was there and they smiled at Peter as he sat on the couch. Camryn sat in his lap and hugged him. She always tried to be as close as possible after the building. Bucky walked into the room and handed Peter a plate of cookies before ruffling his hair and sitting on his right. Peter stuck his tongue out and fixed his hair as Bucky laughed. A few minutes later, Tony walked in and sat on Peters left. He put his arm around Peters shoulder and the teen leaned into his dad. They turned on some movies and Peter slowly fell asleep as Tony ran his fingers through his hair.

"I'm proud of you Peter." Peter smiled softly and looked up at Tony.

"Thanks dad." It was soft and quiet, but it held so much happiness. Tony smiled down at his kid before he kissed the top of his curls. The team watched as Peter fell asleep with a soft smile on his face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: I am currently working on the first chapters of my next book called pardon? so........ I hope you enjoyed and I'll see you, in the final chapter. BUH-BYE!!!!
~Grace