021 || away

•••

•••

"We're going to Budapest - don't worry I'll bring your lover boy back in one piece" Natasha laughed, giving me a tight hug.
"I don't doubt you for a second" I laughed, pulling away and handing her a little plastic bag "some cookies - I made them just before you came over last night and thought you could eat them on the journey"
"Your maternal instincts are kicking in" Nat said humorously, leaning down and poking my belly lightly.

As I was now 5 months pregnant, the bump had grown significantly in size, now protruding from my stomach.
I snorted and slapped her hands away gently, "now get in the jet, mummy and daddy need to have a quick chat"
"Yes mum" she droned, before turning around and boarding the jet, cookies in hand.

"They grow up so quickly" Clint chuckled, spinning me into his arms.
I laughed along with him as he buried his head in my shoulder, pressing small kisses to the inside of my neck. The mood quickly turned somber as he lifted his head so he could connect his eyes with mine.
"I'm going to miss you" I pouted, my hands moving to rest on his shoulder.
"I'm going to miss you too" he smiled sadly, grabbing my hands and placing them on his cheeks "but we'll be in touch as often as I can, I promise you that"
"Okay, but remember you answer to me first Agent" I joked, "then Nat, and then SHEILD. You got that?"
"Yes ma'am" he chortled, giving me a mock salute.
I just laughed, still cupping his face, and pulled him into a kiss. All of our unspoken words were poured into the kiss; desperation, longing, love, passion. Clint's hand drifted under my top, carefully caressing the sides of my baby bump. Ever since the baby bump had started to show he had been treating me as if I was a fragile object that could break at any forceful moment - that is of course unless we were in the bedroom, where his more forceful side would resurface, not that I was complaining.

"Get a room!" Natasha yelled from the jet, smirking at us through the window.
Clint and I broke apart, small smiles on both of our faces.
"Piss off Natasha!" Clint yelled good-spiritedly, grinning at me as I buried my face in his chest to hide my laughter, "let me kiss my girlfriend goodbye for God's sake"
"I know you're cute and all but we have a schedule here!" She replied haughtily, her smirk growing.
"He'll be there in a sec!" I called, reaching up to ruffle Clint's hair. He tried to stop me, but to no avail.
Letting out a groan at the sate of his hair, Clint pressed a lingering kiss to my cheek before jogging over to the jet, picking up his bag as he went past.
"Be safe" I whispered as I watched the jet fly away, leaving me alone again.

After the 2 week break Fury gave, they went back to frequent missions. It was always quite lonely, considering the fact that I was stiles quite scared to leave the house after the Red Room incident, so I stayed inside instead, mostly doing my online medical course.
Even though I probably wouldn't be able to go into the field for a while due to the baby, I still wanted to graduate the course. Besides, with Clint going on missions quite a lot, it sped things up if I could heal small wounds.

•••

"What the hell" i muttered as a knock rapt on the door.
My senses went into overdrive as I peeked through the window, to see a dark haired man standing impatiently on the porch.
Making sure there was a weapon nearby, I carefully opened the door.
"Oh thank god - I need help" he said as he walked into the hallway without invitation, with a slight limp in his left leg.
"Um- are you okay sir?" I asked hesitantly, slowly closing the door behind him.
"No I am not okay, does this look okay?" He exclaimed, pointing to his leg which had shards of shrapnel poking out of the flesh.
I let out a hum in response, moving over to examine the wound.
"I can get them out, they're not deep enough to need stitches" I shrugged, looking up at the man.
"Well go on then!"
I rolled my eyes at his rudeness, before leaving to get some sterile tweezers and gauze, as well as some alcohol to clean the wound. I could hear the man sighing as he moved around in the chair as I returned, supplies in hand.

"That for me?" He asked, voice slightly strained as he pointed at the bottle.
"For your leg, yes" I snorted "but if you want you can have what's left after I've finished"
"Yes let's do that"
I chuckled, gently sitting down on the floor so I was closer to the leg (it was uncomfortable to bend over now with the bump) before uncapping the bottle and pouring it over the area.
"Motherfucker" he hissed, his leg jerking in pain.
"Sorry" I said, smiling sheepishly as I handed him the rest of the bottle, which he instantly downed.

Now focusing on the task at hand, I carefully removed each shard from the leg, making sure I left no shrapnel behind, satisfied with the amount (or lack thereof) of bleeding. Gently placing some gauze on the wound, I then got a small bandage and wrapped it around the leg, holding the gauze in place.
"It's not great but it'll do. When you get the chance I'd go to the hospital just to get it checked out" I explained, struggling to get up from the floor.
The man offered me his arm, which I gratefully took, and heaved myself up off the floor.

"Thanks for this" he nodded, the alcohol seemingly calming his angry nature, "I don't suppose you could tell me where we are?"
"Iowa"
"Shit - okay"
The man ran his hands through his hair nervously, a look of annoyance and dread settled on his face.
"Everything alright?"
"Wha-? Oh yes. Yes, everything's fine" he said, "thank you for fixing my leg but I have to be going"
"Okay" I said, eyes crinkling in confusion as I opened the front door for him, "bye!"
He turned around and gave me a curt wave, before hobbling back towards the main road.

I was alone again