Question 35

"Of all the people in your family, whose death would you find most disturbing? Why?"

"Oh my god," Cas stared at the question with a horrified expression.

"That about sums it up." Dean nodded.

"WHAT KIND OF PSYCHOPATH WRITES THAT?"

"The insane drunk college student running this assignment."

"True, true."

"And what does it mean disturbing? That's a horrible way to put it."

"I think it means like whose death would hurt you the most." Cas guessed. "Gosh, I don't know."

"I do," Dean nodded. "Sam's. I mean, I love my mom, but after Adam... I've always been so protective of Sam. If something were to happen to him...." A distant look grew in Dean's eye and he shook his head. "I don't think I'd be able to handle it."

"It's cruel that you even have to think about it."

"I think about it every day. It still makes me sick."

"Then let's not think about it anymore."

"Good plan. Your turn." Cas cringed.

"Can I have a tie?"

"A tie of no more than two?"

"Yeah," Dean shrugged.

"Sure, what the hell. I don't see a rulebook for these questions anywhere."

"Then I'd say double tie between Gabriel and Lucifer."

"Really? Not your Dad or Anna?" Cas shook his head.

"No... I mean, I love them, but..."

"I know what you mean,"

"Yeah. Like, out of those two, Anna's death would definitely hurt more, but Gabriel and Lucifer? They're my brothers. I've been looking up to them for as long as I can remember. Lucifer gave me the courage to do so much, and Gabriel, well, Gabriel's a little shit most of the time, but I can always count on him. I can always count on both of them. I trust them, and I have no idea what I'd do if they weren't around," Cas paused, frowning. "Actually, the more I think about it, the more I think Lucifer's death might hurt the most."

"Ironic that you'd mourn Satan the hardest,"

"Not really. I mean, on the night he and Michael got jumped, I guess I saw what the possibility of him dying would be like, and it scared the hell out of me. Luci's just always there, even when he moved out, he was still always there. If something's wrong, he's the first person I'm gonna run too, no matter what it is. I don't know what I'd do without him."

"Interesting how close a pair of brothers can be, isn't it?"

"Yeah," Cas glanced at the cards. "Hey, guess what?"

"What?"

"The next one's the last question."