Chapter 3

You both put your coats on and paced out of the building. There was an awkward silence between both of you as you walked side by side which you felt you had to break "no-majs is such a boring name America could have picked a better name than that" you panicked a bit after saying it because that was the first thing you thought of to say "well i think it's perfect because it's in the name" he replied to your comment "we called them muggles in England that's a much better name i think personally" he let out a soft laugh before saying "that just sounds stupid". Percival was so mysterious to you that you couldn't tell if that was a genuine laugh or forced and usually you found it so easy to tell if someone was being fake around you.

There was silence again as you both walked but you couldn't start a conversation with him so you just went along with it and walked in silence. You walked for ten minutes in silence before graves turned to you and said "why did you decide to transfer to MACUSA" his question took you by surprise you froze and could feel your face turning pale "I'm sorry I just thought I would ask but you don't" "it's okay" you cut graves off "I guess because I needed a new start and to escape" you said softly "escape from what?"Percival asked "from my boring life there" you said lying to yourself, you were trying to escape but not from that you were trying to escape from yourself from your own guilt.

You kept your head down and you could tell Percival felt bad for asking about something that made you uncomfortable but you didn't want to talk about it anymore. "Is that then? The two men sitting over there" you asked he looked up to where you were pointing and said "yep that is exactly who we are looking for". You walked past the two men trying your best not to raise suspicion when you walked past they weren't talking or doing anything so you had to think of a new plan. You and graves sat down on a bench nearby "what now then mister graves?" You asked "we will wait until they look like they are doing something suspicious then we will walk past again" he answered, you nodded your head and then sat back looking at all the couples walking past holding hands and kissing and then to one couple arguing in the corner which had also caught Percival's attention you both looked at each other and let out a small laugh.

A long time passed and the men where still not doing anything suspicious so you and graves decided it was time to go back to MACUSA. You walked down a dark allyway and Percival grabbed your arm and apparated in front of the Woolworths building where MACUSA was. You reported back to madam picquery much to her annoyance that there was no further information about the two men. You walked back to your office and sat down for the last hour of work you put your head on the desk and slowly started to fall asleep.