Chapter Twenty: Recuperation

A/N: Hey loves! How ya doing? Sry this is so late. Hope you enjoy!

Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter( we already know who does;)

Third POV

Harry blinked at the molten silver eyes once more in confusion before he carefully lifted his hand to stroke the blonds cheek softly.

"Draco?" Harry whispered in a softer tone. Draco smiled and growled lightly before pulling Harry closer to his face. A light blush dusted over Harry's cheeks as their noses brushed but that was quickly forgotten when his spine flared in pain. He cranes his neck and noticed that his wing was caught under the shoe of Severus. He whined and tried to tug his wing free, only to yelp in pain again as he tried.

He felt Draco shift slightly and turned back to the blond to see anger and possessiveness clear on his face. Harry's eyes widened and he quickly followed his gut feeling.

"Hey mom," The room went dead silent as they heard his voice but he didn't pay them any mind. "I need you to step off my wing please and then get everyone to leave while I try to calm him down." There were no words but he immediately felt the pressure lifted off his wing and heard the rush of footsteps and the close of a curtain. He shifted to sit up and looked at his boyfriend with concern. "Draco? Draco? Please look at me."

Surprisingly the blond obeyed and looked directly into his eyes. Harry smiled and placed a hand on the blonds cheek, rubbing his thumb softly over the pale skin that lay there. Draco reached up to grasp Harry's wrist and closed his eyes. Harry came to rest his forehead against the others and closed his eyes as well, relishing in the welcome warmth.

"Are you okay?" Harry blinked his eyes open and looked at Draco. "Your wing, I mean. Is it hurt?" Harry frowned lightly and moved his wing to unfurl slightly in front of him. He inspected it for a moment and found nothing other than a few rumpled feathers.

"I'm fine Dray," Harry said, giving the other a reassuring peck on the lips quickly before pulling back slightly. "How about you? When did you go through your inheritance?"

"A few hours ago I believe." Harry's eyes widened slightly as he took in the implications. Part of him wanted to cry and beg Draco to forgive him, but the other, more reasonable part of him, knew that Draco didn't even know what happened.

"Do you know why? I mean, why it happened early?" Harry wanted to kick himself. Honestly, why was he avoiding this? He saw the look on Draco's face and realized the blond had already put it together.

"I don't know, why don't you tell me, darling?" Harry curled in on himself and looked down.

"I don't know what you mean." Harry winced and closed his eyes. He felt Draco place a hand on his neck slightly and sighed, whimpering quietly, before giving in. "There was no friend I was staying with over the summer. Remus owled me and he wasn't able to get custody and I was embarrassed so I lied. I've been staying at the Leaky Cauldron and Tom has been keeping me safe. Everything has been fine until a couple of hours ago. I don't really know what happened but someone took me into an alley and beat me. I had been out a lot longer than usual I think so Tom came looking for me and found me and took me back and healed me. I came to Gringotts an hour ago and have been here ever since." Harry rushes all of this out as tears slipped down his face. He did not like this, his emotions were all over the place. He felt Draco wrap his free arm around him and the brush of different feathers against his own. He placed his forehead against Draco's collarbone and took a shaky breath as Draco lifted his hand and ran it through his hair.

"It okay," Harry fisted his hands in the blonde's shirt and whimpered. Draco continued to run his hand through the other's hair as he started to whisper. "I don't blame you, love. I couldn't, never. I love you and nothing will change that, okay?" Harry sniffed and nodded.