Birthing Class

This takes place October 28, 2018 for those of you who want to keep up with the pregnancy. 

33 weeks, 4 days

You weren't exactly happy with Tom these past couple weeks. Your due date was only seven weeks away and Tom was supposed to come with you to your birthing classes twice a week, but he'd been called in for some voice recording sessions for an upcoming film he's in. You knew that it wasn't his fault, but seeing all the other couples there and the dads helping the women breathe through the fake contractions made you extremely jealous and you missed your partner.

Harrison offered to come with you to tonight's class though, and agreed to fill Tom in afterwards. You knew Tom felt bad about not being there, but as your backup labor partner, Harrison was better than nothing. Tom had agreed that if he passed out in the delivery room, Harrison would coach you through the birth anyways.

Harrison picked you up from your apartment just as Tom was leaving to head to the studio.

"Let me know how it goes, darling," Tom smiled, kissing your forehead before climbing in his car. You nodded and waved as he sped off down the street and Harrison was already waiting by his car with your door open.

"After you," he jokingly bowed as you chuckled and waddled your way into the passenger seat of his black sedan. He rounded the car and climbed in before going off in the opposite direction of Tom.

"How's my little niece doing in there?" Harrison asked, one hand on the wheel and the other patting your tummy lightly from the driver's seat.

"She's alright," you sighed, looking down at your t-shirt covered stomach. "She is a kicker though. I will definitely be a football mum."

"That's my girl!" Harrison roared, making you laugh.

He pulled into the community center where the classes were being held and quickly parked. You watched all the other women walking towards the door with their partners and you didn't want Harrison to feel bad, but you missed Tom. You held yourself together as you and Haz entered the class. Your teacher was sitting at the front of the room and you could see her eyes light up when she saw you.

"Y/N!" her voice pierced your ears as she moved towards you. "We finally get to meet the dad, yeah?"

"Actually, I'm the dad's best friend. Call me Uncle Harrison," Haz stepped in, shaking the woman's hand politely, and flirtatiously. You nodded, fighting the urge to roll your eyes as you stepped away and went to find a spot on the floor.

"Okay class, today we are going to practice some breathing techniques using our partner for moral and somewhat physical support. So dads, I would like you to sit down and spread your legs and let the moms lean back against you,"

You looked at Harrison a little awkwardly, but he did as the teacher said. He held out his hand to help you sit down on the mat and then you scooted back so that your back was against his front.

You were comfortable with Harrison, I mean he'd walk around in his boxers in front of you back when he and Tom lived together, but this was really intimate for you.

"Okay, so dads, you're going to breathe with your partners and if you notice her breathing is becoming fast paced or she's holding her breath, you need to tell her. Your number one job is to keep her calm." the teacher continued.

You felt Harrison turn his head and look at the other dads to see what he was supposed to do. They were holding their partner's hands, so Harrison reached for yours. You let him take your hands in his and you started breathing deeply, trying to time the breaths.