Past vs. Present

"This is the book on Katherine that Damon gave you?" I asked as I took the book titled 'Petrova' on the side of it from where Elena and I sat in The Grill.

"Katherine Pierce is also known as Katerina Petrova." Elena pointed out and I rose an eyebrow at her as I flipped through the pages, seeing how detailed it was. "She came from Europe." She added and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"So how was the trip with the teacher and the psychotic vampire?" I asked in amusement to watch her roll her eyes back at me before sitting back in her chair.

"I'd be lying if I said that Damon getting shot in the back with an arrow, wasn't the best part of the trip." Elena answered, making me look away from the book in confusion.

"So this is where you spend your time when you're not stabbing people in the back." A voice stated sarcastically. Elena and I looked toward it to see Damon who came over to us before sitting next to me.

"I tricked you into telling me the truth. That's not stabbing you in the back, it's using your own tactics against you." Elena clarified in annoyance before grabbing the Petrova book from me and putting it in her bag.

"Where are you going?" He asked, eyeing Elena as she got up from the table while I remained put.

"I made myself clear, Damon. I want nothing to do with you." She stated emotionlessly before turning to wall away while he shrugged and looked at me.

"Okay. See you at Jenna's barbecue." Damon countered, making me furrow my eyebrows and Elena turn back to him.

"How did you know about Jenna's barbecue?" I asked, narrowing my eyes at him as he stole a few fries off of my plate.

"It was my idea." He answered with a scoff. "Jenna went to high school with Mason Lockwood. So I figured a social gathering would be a good way to get to know the guy." Damon pointed out before Elena and I exchanged a somewhat worried glance. "So I told Ric, to tell Jenna—" Damon started but Elena cut him off.

"Does Jenna know that you're going to be there? Because she's not exactly a fan of yours." Elena countered in annoyance before a waitress came over to the table and handed Damon a box of something.

"Perfect, thank you." Damon nodded sweetly toward her and I rose an eyebrow at the box. "I'm hoping this peach cobbler will pave the way." He added before the two of us got up from the table and I sighed, looking him over while I grabbed my things.

"What are you up to?" I asked, shaking my head at him before he leant toward me.

"I'm gonna put some silver into Mason Lockwood and prove that he's a werewolf." Damon answered quietly and I rolled my eyes. "See you at the barbecue." He added with a small smirk before walking away.

"Okay.. So tell me more about Damon getting shot in the back with an arrow?" I asked, turning to Elena in annoyance as we walked out of The Grill also.
~~~

"Thanks for letting me invite Caroline. She could use a day of distraction." Elena stated as her, Jenna and I, stood in the kitchen while I dumped a bag of chips into a bowl.

"Well, she's not the plus one I'm worried about." Jenna stated as she rolled her eyes. "Why is Damon coming?" She added, eyeing me and I sighed deeply.