Chapter 5.5

Everything written between " " are Callie's thoughts.

As Callie entered the home she shared with Marie, she was surprised to see the door unlocked.

Curious, she made a beeline to Marie's room to ask her about it.

As she opened the door, the first thing she noticed was that the lights were off, and Marie was sound asleep.

Callie: "I'll have to ask her in the morning."

It wasn't until then that she noticed the clothes scattered on the floor. Not unusual, Marie had a habit of not picking up after herself just before bed. The curious thing was that Marie's entire closet was filled with dresses, though there was a shirt and pants on the floor.

She had heard about Marie's breakup earlier that day, of course. Callie had  the impression that she would ask Marie about it at the Splatfest party, but she never showed up. But this was huge!

Callie: "Marie isn't the one to move on quickly, who did she score with?"

She could see a male form on the other side of the bed. Quiet as possible, Callie crept across the room to see the guy's face.

When she saw (Y/N), her jaw dropped. But it quickly turned into a smile, and she had to leave the room quickly before she started giggling.

This was bigger than she thought. She'd have to ask how it went in the morning.

236 words.