( chapter one )

( TIRAMISU )

( TIRAMISU )

SHE WAS PLAYING SOLITAIRE ON THE COMPUTER. As much as Stark Industries could be the bustling epicenter of science and creativity and people would be milling around the lobby, waiting for their turn to come and talk to her, today it was dead. Obadiah was in his office, working on paperwork, and Tony was not in yet. And, to be completely honest, if Tony was going to show, it was going to be after lunch, more around mid-afternoon. 

Thanks to all the tabloids, Cherry knew exactly what the man had done last night. The red head on his arm was probably one happy woman, even if she was hungover as hell and maybe a little broke. Tony hadn't been seen doing anything too adventurous as of late until last night, where he had drowned himself in alcohol, stumbled to the nearest casino, and gambled away all his money. Well, that's what the tabloid had said, anyway. 

Cherry was sure that he was sleeping at the current time - ten in the morning. Or he was at his mansion, down in the lab that Cherry had ever only heard about from Pepper as she complained about Tony's choices over coffee. However, she doubted that he had gambled away his money. And whether that red head had left broken-hearted or filled with hope in the morning was something Cherry really didn't want to know. 

She wasn't the only employee to have a crush on Tony. She also wasn't the only one who didn't want to know or really care about his exploits. Sure, some of the woman talked about him in the break room and gossiped about his latest model-like girl. Cherry didn't really want to hear about it as she poured her mug full of the coffee in the break room that the girls really didn't know how to brew. It always turned out like sludge, but dammit, it was strong and fueled the caffeine addiction Cherry knew she had but wasn't going to do anything about. Though, most mornings, she stopped at the Starbucks on her way to work and got a taste of actual good coffee before she had to endure the torture that was the break room coffee. 

Cherry almost let out a cheer when she was finally able to finish a game, not fucking up the placement of cards or getting one of those shuffles that didn't let you win. She was able to hold it back, however, and blinked at her computer as embarrassment flood her system. Thank God nobody was around to see that. She grabbed her mug of gross coffee, taking a sip before clearing her throat and checking if there was anything that actually needed to be done. Scrolling through some of the appointments that Pepper had to cancel for Tony to see what they were. She scoffed at the sight of Justin Hammer's name, knowing that he was trying to get into Tony's good side to steal secrets. 

"Cheryl!" Cherry turned to the older man making his way out of the elevator, her back straightening when she noticed Obadiah Stane. He was looking a little disheveled, his tie a little loose. Obadiah stopped at her desk, hit his fist against the wood lightly in a fidget, and gave her a tight smile, "Can you cancel my appointments today? Something personal has come up and I have to go deal with it." 

Cherry nodded as she switched to Obadiah's schedule, looking at the first number, before smiling back at the man, "Of course, Mr. Stane. Would you like me to reschedule them for another time or leave them for you to?"