11 | Africa & Retreats Pt. 2

The long flight finally came to an end, releasing the six officers from the torturous seating arrangements on the plane. Except for Jin. He didn't complain much.

Jungkook and Jimin wouldn't stop bickering; Yoongi got frustrated by how oblivious Hoseok was while Hoseok was freaking out over Madeline; Namjoon was simply irritated by Jin's advances.

"Welcome to Accra!" Taehyung exclaimed when he saw his six bedraggled friends trudging out of the plane.

Yoongi scowled. "Welcome to your tape," he muttered and walked ahead of them.

━━━━━━━━

"Are we there yet?" Jungkook asked when they were in Taehyung's van, squinting his eyes at the scorching sun.

"Jungkook, we started driving two minutes ago," Taehyung said.

Jungkook cupped a hand around his ear. "I'm not hearing an answer."

"Twenty minutes," Taehyung replied.

"That's three hours since Taehyung's navigating," Jin said.

Taehyung didn't reply.

"That's right bitch," Jin retorted. "Fear me."

━━━━━━━━

Taehyung parked in the resort—not three hours later, but one and a half. Lord knows how he was tired with his navigation skills.

It was early morning in Accra and Taehyung was excited since he had chosen himself to be their tour guide. For his last week at the resort, he was going to lead the Nine-Nine around.

Why was he in Africa? Taehyung was hell-bent on not participating in the Easter play so he applied for a short-term job in Arkansas so that he could get away from the precinct for a few weeks.

However, he got Accra instead of Arkansas.

"What do you guys want to do first? A safari?" Taehyung asked as he was leading them all to their rooms.

"A safari sounds fun but as long as it's safe," Jimin said.

"I say we feed Jimin to the lions first," Jungkook said. "If we get lost," he added as an afterthought.

Jimin broke into a cold sweat.

━━━━━━━━

Taehyung drove the minivan through the watering holes and wildlife. The officers gaped in awe at the sight of all the animals around them.

"If you look to your left, you can see the lion playing with the gazelle," Taehyung said.

They all looked to their left to see the lion biting into the gazelle's neck, blood splotching its fur.

"Taehyung, the lion's eating the gazelle," Jimin said.

"I might have misread the situation."

"Taehyung, it's looking at us," Hoseok remarked.

"Taehyung, it's coming towards us," Jin said.

"Taehyung, let's sacrifice Jimin," Jungkook offered.

"Finally." Yoongi's eyes sparkled. "My time has come."

"Gas it, you fool!" Namjoon yelled, shocking everyone out of their wits.

Taehyung sped into action, stepping on the accelerator and rushing out of the area with the lion. He kept driving until he was near a watering hole surrounded by vegetation. He started up the minivan slower this time, but the engine started sputtering after a while.