chapter 21

talia
8:22pm
we sat in silence, for too long. exchanging glances here and there.
"so." sam said.
"i don't have anything to say."
"i'm going to start off with i'm sorry, i didn't mean most of the things i said."
"don't apologize, sammy."

"walking in on you and jack made me realize how much i needed to back off."
"can you not talk about jack. either one of them."

"you hurt g but i can't say anything when i hurt the both of you."
"i didn't mean to hurt him sammy." i cried out.
"i want to help but he hates me right now."
"i don't know what to do!" i cried.
"it's okay, i'm here. i'm always going to be here, i swear." he engulfed me in a hug.

i didn't mean to hurt jack, i thought it would be better if he hadn't known. i broke up my two best friends by one action, i don't even know if they both like me still.

jack
8:22pm
my ceiling seemed better to stare at than the front window. rather than arguing, johnson explained himself but my girlfriend. i didn't let her explain herself, i let her leave without an explanation. i sat up in my bed, what if she doesn't love me anymore?

what if she moved on and decided to let me go? we didn't break up, jack. get yourself together, you love her. you would do anything for her, i glanced over and the bags of things my mom had bought her were still here. my mom had told me, if you love someone you won't ever stop loving. don't give up, no matter how much time it would take. no matter who or what was in the way because you love them.

talia
8:31pm
i sat on the stool on my vanity, i looked at myself in the mirror. i shook my head,
"look at what you've done." i said to myself.
i lost my best friend and the love of my life. jack helped me through so much, i've known him since i was a kid. he made sure i was protected with or without sam.

he made sure that i was going in the right direction for everything. most importantly, he had shown me what true love looked like, he had shown me what true love felt like.

i heard a knock, i turned but it wasn't my bedroom door because it was wide open. i closed it then went to my bedroom window. i moved my curtain and jack was sitting on the tree facing away. i opened my window and jack didn't budge.
"you know, you forgot a lot of things my mom had got you in my room." he turned facing me holding all the bags.
i had motioned for him to come in and he did as said, setting the bags down next to him.

"jack." i said softly.
"why did you kiss him back?"
"he had kissed me the way you do. it slipped my mind but then i pulled away when i realized that he was kissing me. i didn't kiss him for long, i swear."
"he kissed you the way i did?" he smirked.
before i could say anything, he smashed his lips against mine and his hands wrapped around my waist. we moved backwards onto my bed without breaking the kiss. his hands moved up and down my waist, i had never wanted him more than right now.

"jack, please." i groaned.
"baby, i'm not having make up sex with you." he laughed.
"such a tease."
"i want it to be special babygirl." he moved my hair out of my face.

"i love you so much."
"i love you so much more, i don't want to fight or argue with you anymore. please baby, i want to love you. show you love. i want to be with you for the rest of my life, i can't wait for us to have little gilinskys running around laughing and giggling. telling mommy and daddy they love them 3000."
"okay if we have kids, they will not address you as daddy." i rolled my eyes.
"are you sure?" he raised his brow.
"yes i'm sure, there's no way they'll call you daddy." i laughed.

i heard sammy call my name in the hallway, my eyes widened. i pushed jack into my closet and sat on my bed. i cleaned it up a bit and then sammy popped in through the door.
"hey tals, i'm going to nate's. who was here?"
"nobody, i was on facetime with layla."
"how'd your bags get here?"
"jack got them dropped off but we didn't really speak."
"oh okay, i'm gonna go to nate's. do you wanna go?"
"maybe later, i'm going to have to go through all these bags." he nodded and closed my bedroom door.

jack walked out and jumped onto my bed, he immediately clung onto me. "i don't wanna go, i wanna cuddle."
"who said i was going to go."
he kissed my forehead and laid back in my bed, still clinging onto me. i put my head against his chest and pulled the blanket over us, closing my eyes slowly.