Chapter 21: Evolution. Toriko vs Grinpatch

Toriko seemed to have decided on something, if that look on his face was any indication. The hunter whipped his head towards Terry, who was happily munching and shouted in an excited voice, "Terry! How is it?!" Judging by the way the young pup was eating the popcorn, Sarafina could honestly say that the pup had finally found something to her liking. Which was good cause she was worried that nothing would satisfy the wolf pup, unlike the hunter who devoured everything in sight. She was happy that Kururu wasn't that picky. Of course, she couldn't say that out loud.

Terry finished chewing long enough to give a happy woof. Tears of happiness began to pool in the hunter's eyes as he exclaimed happily, "Is it good?! Really?!" He reached up to wipe at his eyes before kneeling down and rubbed her head affectionally. "I'm glad Terry." A soft expression of happiness came upon his face as he continued to pet his companion. Whoa...she thought her heart was going to stop in its tracks at the touching moment. A soft expression of her own came on her face as the girl watched on with affection. Toriko really had a soft spot for the pup. An explosion was heard from somewhere behind them.

The group turned just in time to see a volcano erupt in the distance, spewing ash into the air as bits of lava fell. "A volcano erupted. That's just fine.." Toriko said, watching as the ash gently fell over onto the field of popcorn. "The Wul volcano's volcanic ash contains just the right amount of salt. What's more is that it is completely edible. It'll bring a popcorn spice." Sarafina said, looking forward to taste the popcorn now. Toriko looking up at the gently falling ash, the look of determination changing into a smug look. "It's really like even the volcano is giving us its blessing, Terry, Sarafina. And finding that it fits your palette... It's one more." Why the heck he was dragging this out was beyond her.

"The decision for the hors d'oeuvre.." Closing his eyes, Toriko imagined the BB corn going into the d'oeuvre slot in his menu, smiling in satisfaction. "This is appropriate for a stat...! For the whole course to seem delicious!" First he found his dessert option with Rainbow Fruit, and now Toriko found his hors d'oeuvre with BB Corn. He turned to the young wolf and gave her a hug. "Thank you Terry." Kururu jumped onto Sarafina's shoulder and the two nuzzled. Just as Sarafina stood up and was getting ready to say something, without warning, her world became blurred for a quick second before righting itself. Two things occurred to her right away: the first was the popcorn that had littered the entire ground and beyond was gone! But how?! Looking down at that made her jaw dropped in shock. And secondly, who the heck was standing in front of them? This guy wasn't like the ones from before. The power he had practically rolled off of him. Kururu growled at him and stood in front of Sarafina protectively.

He was a tall man with a muscular build and a hunchback. He also has four arms, each pair with a different skin-tone. He has two piercings on his neck, three on his chin, and a few on his second pair of arms. He has white eyes with a very big black iris, which makes his eyes look black. Each iris contains three white pupils adjacent to each other. He also has a large scar on the left side of his chest. His face, neck and original pair or arms have purple tattoos which resemble the pattern of the Devil Mosquito. He wears a bright green bandana with floral patterns. He also wears long, black pants and black shoes and also has a green sheath around his waist where he keeps an oversize straw that was half his size.

"Yu-m. BB corn." The man said, his voice reminding her of gravel. The guy turned to look at Terry and said, "Next is that dog and kitty. How bout I suck those up?" Ah hell no! He's not touching either Terry or Kururu and eating them! Wait did he say suck up? Is that how he ate all the popcorn? Terry quickly picked up Kururu with her mouth and jumped off the rock and bounded away from the stranger, who just as quickly got out the oversized straw from his belt and sucked, the motion making his stomach go in. She watched in shock as the young wolf pup and her kitten, who were quite far from the pillar, were suddenly lifted into the air and was literally sucked back towards him.