12. Electric Current

It was finally Jiah's first day at the job and she didn't know what to expect

It was finally Jiah's first day at the job and she didn't know what to expect. Arriving at the large building, she was reminded of the day she came for the interview. Taehyung had looked so deeply into her eyes she wasn't lying when she admitted it was as if he set something ablaze somewhere in the bottom of her soul. His eyes were so so silver, the moon pendant her mother owned couldn't hold a candle to them. The way he stared at her, she had felt the need to talk. Jiah, out of all people! Her usual ability to keep her mouth shut no matter what instance she was put in wanted to tell him something, just after one glance into those concrete eyes of his.

Shaking her head, she pulled the shoulder bag tighter to her body. She still hadn't been told the reason she was assigned to this mission, and she was beginning to think he didn't trust her.

But nonetheless, she stepped in. Walking to the reception, she brought out the email she received with her employment confirmation that she had printed and presented it to the receptionist.

"Oh! You're the CEO's new secretary?" she asked, beaming.

Jiah nodded, her eyes were tired, and she wasn't the slightest bit infected by her enthusiasm.

"Awesome! Follow me, I'll take you to your desk," she motioned to the other receptionist that she was going to be absent from her desk for a few minutes and walked out from behind and next to Jiah. "This is so exciting! You're the only other female secretary in this company, I'm glad they finally hired another one. It was getting sooo boring here and the other workers never talk to me."

Jiah forced a smile, telling herself she must make a good first impression, and every impression after that must be just like it. She didn't need to cause any unnecessary drama when she wasn't planning on staying there long term.

She pressed the button for the elevator and they waited for it to come.

"You'll be on the eighteenth floor, not quite the highest floor here but it's up there! I hope you're not afraid of heights," Jiah had to continue to push that smile which, she couldn't lie, did pain her.

"And we're here!" the receptionist said as the door opened. Jiah's instant reaction was awe, just at everything. It was so different from the reception and lobby, with its darker walls and quiet atmosphere.

"So this will be your seat," she pointed to the desk that was down the hall from the elevator doors and across from it were two large black doors.

"I'm guessing that's where-" Jiah started but was cut off when it opened and someone walked out.

Someone she recognised.

"Oh, hello," it seemed to her that he was surprised to a new face but he held his hand out anyway. "I'm Park Jimin, senior manager and chief of the board, you must be Taehyung's new secretary?"

She took his hand, nodding with her eyes looking right into his, "Lee Jiah."

"Jimin can you also file this with all the other-" another familiar voice emerged from behind the door that was left ajar, Jiah's eyes snapped to the sound. Only to catch the other pair of eyes waiting for her.