27

Xavier POV

Breathing was never hard as it felt at this moment. My life was at the operation theatre being operated and here I was shattered into pieces lying on the floor. My suit was covered with her blood stain and my hands could still feel her slipping away. 

Why did she take that bullet? Why could not I be the one lying on that bed fighting with life and death? Why do I have to go through all this when everything was coming to it's place? Why can't I have a normal life with my Bela?

I have been questioning this from the time she had been shot. Is this some kind of joke that life is playing with us? But I did not find any answer. Surely all I could do was curse to my luck.

"Excuse me, the patient is running out of blood and currently we don't have O negative blood in our blood bank so, if there is anyone from patient's side who can donate blood. She has lost a lot of blood while bringing to the hospital. Can anyone prepare it?" The nurse alerted us.

"I am O negative sister, you can take mine." My mum stood from her seat hurriedly. "Let's go." 

"Mum ." I called her.

"Yes." She turned towards me and I ran to engulf her into tightest hug.

"Thank you." I whispered.

"Why?" She asked in confusion.

"For saving her life and I'm sorry mum I was harsh on you. I truly am a bad son, right?" I apologized.

"You are the best son that a mother can get. I know how much Isabella mean to you and if I could help even a very little by donating my blood it does not matter. As long as you can get your love back I am always there for you." She caressed my cheek and kissed my forehead.

"I'll be right back." She smiled and marched her way.

Just then dad kept his hand on my shoulder. "She always treated you like your own flesh son even though she did not gave birth to you,she was the one who woke all the night when you were sick, when you had practice or your exams." 

"How was my biological mother dad?" I never asked him this question as it might hurt him more. She was his first love and wife but unfortunately she died while giving birth to me. Then he married Rein, my biological mother's sister for me. 

She too took care of me like my real mother and if they had not told me she was not my biological mother I would never doubt her. My only mistake was I became selfish. I became one hard headed man once I lost the only person that mattered to me. I could not see my mother's concern nor her love. 

But now she proved me wrong. She proved her motherhood and all I could feel was guilty. I was blinded by my ego that I did not try to talk to her. Even Bela insisted me to do so but my fat ego was not letting me surrender.

"She was just like Rein, kind and pure hearted but I can guarantee you she could not love you more than Rein." He observed me with sympathy.

"Thanks dad." I smiled.

"Smile son, Isabella will be alright." He patted my shoulder.

"I hope." I whispered.