eleven

-This one's a long one boys-

"Edward, I'm not sure that this is a good idea" Margo told him, shaking her head as they made their way up the large brown wood stairs that sat at the entrance way to the beautiful home.

"We don't have too if you don't want too," Edward told her, stopping just before the front door as she turned towards him.

"No, I do. It's just. I'm going to miss things, and it's going to make things awkward. And I won't even know its awkward, and I don't want your family not to like me" Margo told him, shaking her head softly as she took a deep breath in. Edward could hear her heart as it began to speed up.

"I'll make sure you won't miss a thing"Edward promised, the words making Margo bring her eyes up to his, for only a second before she nodded her head. Margo's eyes went down, she took notice at how close their bodies were, she'd guess less than 3 inches apart. Margo took in another deep breath, the smell of Edwards cologne wafting through her nose as her stomach extended, the smell instantly calming her down.

Feeling brave, and slightly sure of herself, Margo slightly moved her hand, her fingertips brushed against his as she interlocked their hands, suddenly feeling stronger as she nodded her head.

"Let's go, shall we? I read its rude to keep people waiting" Margo told him, Edward couldn't help but feel his lips spread into a large smile as he huffed out a small laugh, his marble hand tightening around hers as he led the two of them into the house.

As soon as they entered, Margo could hear talking on the floor above them, distracting her from taking in just how big and beautiful the house really was, both structurally and interior design wise.

"So, no coffins, dungeons or moats?"Margo said, her bottom lip cracking into a smirk as they walked up the stairs.

"Myth" Edward told her, a laugh coming out of his mouth. It was the kind of laugh that you could tell came from the back of the throat. A real, happy laugh. it was music to Margo's ears.

Margo's grip on Edward's's hand only got tighter as they reached the last step on the staircase. The kitchen, filled with people by the sounds of it, getting closer with every step.

"Margo! It's so nice to finally meet you!"A woman smiled, everyone in the room went silent as they all turned to look at her.

"H-hi" Margo said, slightly waving her free hand as her eyes were locked with the island counter in the middle of the room.

"We are making dinner, Edward said Chicken was your favourite! it gives us an excuse to use the kitchen"

"Right. The whole vampire thing" Margo said, nodding her head as her legs began to shake.

"Margo, it's nice to see you again. This is my wife Esme" Carlisle said, giving her a warm smile that she party missed as her eyes locked with the doctor's shoulder.

"Hello Doctor Cullen. It's nice to meet you Mrs.Cullen" Margo told both of them, her voice only getting more formal with every word she spoke.

"Bella and Kian are here" Alice said, clapping her hands before slipping through the space between Margo and the doorway, the front door closing seconds after.

"How did she know that?"Margo asked, her eyes tilting up towards Edward, slowly forgetting everyone else was watching them as he waited for his answer.

"It's one of the perks. Super hearing"

"That's how you knew," Margo said, her eyes slightly going wide as she thought about the first day they'd talked- when he'd stuck up for her with the group of girls. Neither of them said anything, for the first time Margo kept her eye contact with him for more than a second as she watched him nod his head, without her saying a word.