The Night Of The Comet

A/N: Hey! So I hope you all are enjoying the new book! I know that I am enjoying writing it. So my class starts next week and I have no life out of school except for my one bestfriend lol. So I might update some more before next week! Hope you enjoy this chapter!

Dear Diary,

Yep, it's me. Elena still insists on me writing so I will. I know that she is just trying to help. But I don't really need it. I can't just move on like she is. On a better note, Hunter and I texted a little last night after he left. It's like I could talk to him forever and never get bored. Nothing special, just hoe our days are going and that stuff.

I put my journal down and walk to my bathroom. I had nothing more to write. If I'm being totally honest the thing I write about the most is how Elena is the one who wants me to keep writing. I take a shower and get changed into clothes. I put on my hightop converse and grab my skateboard and backpack. I walk out into the hallway and I hear Jenna and Elena talking.
"Yeah. Okay, well off of Jeremy and on to Phoebe. How has she been? She seems a little quiet recently. Is it just me?" She asks Elena and I turn back into my room but lean up against the door to hear.
"No. It is not just you. She has been little distant. I think she just needs some more time. And she also won't step near a car with any intention of getting in it." She tells Jenna.
"Yeah. Now that I think about it she hasn't been in one since that night. Do we send her to a therapist to talk about it?" She asks.
"I'm fine." I say as I walk out of my room and start down the stairs. "I'm leaving for school."
"Oh, wait for me. I can give you a ride." Jenna tells me.
"I'll pass. I wanna take my skateboard." I yell up the stairs and walk out the door skipping breakfast due to not wanting to be there any longer.

                                 ▫️▫️▫️

     "Woah. Guess someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed." Hunter says from beside me as I slam my locker shut. "Are you okay?"
    "Yep, all good. Just wish everyone would stop worrying about me." I tell him with a sigh.
   "Okay. What happened?" He asks grabbing my shoulders and stopping me.
   "It's nothing really." I tell him.
   "Phoebe, come on. You can trust me." He says.
   "I do trust you. I don't know why I trust you, but I do. I mean I just met you and I feel this connection with you." I tell him, until I realize how weird that just sounded. "Wow, that sounded super weird and stupid so just forget I said anything." I tell him and start to walk away.
   "Hey, come on. It wasn't stupid or weird okay? I feel it too " He tells me.
   "Really?"
   "Really." He says and I smile at him.

                                    ▫️▫️▫️

Meet at the grille after school to hang out?
The text from Bonnie reads. I'm currently in my last period of the day, which is history with Tanner. He is such an asshole but you just gotta live with him.
sure. See ya there.
I text back.
need a ride?
Nope. I have my skateboard.
I tell her and put my phone in my desk.
I look up to see Hunter looking at me. I smile at him, he smiles back. The bells rings and as I'm packing up, I look ever at the door to see Hunter waiting there. I grab my bag and walk over to him.
    "Not waiting for me are you?" I tease.
   "Actually, yeah. I was wondering if you wanted to get something to eat tomorrow and then go to the comet thing together?" He asks.
   "Like a date?" I asks with a smile.
   "If you want it to be." He says with a smile.
   "Yeah. I'd like that a lot." I tell him with a smile. "Okay. I'm actually supposed to be meeting my sister and her friends at the grille right now, but I will see you tomorrow." I tell him with a smile.
   "Yeah. I'll see you tomorrow." He says and I turn to walk away.

▫️▫️▫️

"Well, I was talking with grams, and she said the comet is a sign of impending doom. The last time it passes over mystic falls, there was a lot of death. So much blood and carnage, it created a bed of paranormal activity." Bonnie tells us, as we sit outside the Mystic Grille. I was just caught up that Bonnie's grams is telling her that she is a witch.
"Yeah and then you poured grams another shot and she told you about the aliens." Caroline comments.
"God, you don't have to be rude Caroline." I tell her as I play with the food on my plate.
"So then what?" She ignores me and asks Elena about how Stefan came over last night and they just talked.
"So then, nothing."
"You and Stefan talked all night? There was no sloppy first kiss or touchy feely of any kind?" Caroline asks.
"Nope. We didn't go there."
"Not even a handshake? I mean, Elena, we are your friends and sister. Ok? You are supposed to share the smut." Caroline says and I cringe.
"Oh god, please do not share the smut." I tell her with a laugh.
"We just talked for hours." Elena tells us giving me a smile.
"Ok, what is the blockage? Just jump his bones already! Ok, it's easy. Boy likes girl, girl likes boy, sex." She explains.
"God, she met him like 2 days ago and you want her to have sex? is that what teenagers are supposed to be doing?" I ask.
"No. Not you atleast. Don't get any ideas with Hunter." Elena tells me.
"It's not like that." I tell her, though I did want it to be something more, I felt unnaturally comfortable around him. Like I could tell him all my deepest darkest secrets.
"Where are you going?" Bonnie asks as Elena starts to put on her coat.
"Caroline's right. It is easy. If I sit here long enough, I'll end up talking myself out of it instead of doing what I started the day saying I was gonna do." She says. "Come on, Phoebe."
"What? No I don't wanna be there when you jump Stefan's bones." I tell her.
"Come on, I need my little sister, plus then you can see Hunter." She says.
"Okay, fine. Only because I love you." I tell her, I get up and she's walking over to her car. It dawned on me that, of course she wanted to take her car. I mean she had a drivers license, and a car and she didn't have a fear of them after that night.
"You know what. I think I'll meet you there." I tell her and grab my skateboard and take of before she can say. The Salvatore boarding house was a good 5 miles away. She would get there before me but if I take some short cuts I can make it there in 25 minutes.