Chapter 12 - Good To Hear That

Ares Collin

I walked to the door when I heard the door bell rings. I opened it and saw Rosie standing in front of my door. She's wearing a denim shorts and grey tanktop revealing some skins. What kind of test is this?

"Why so early?" She asked coldly. What a great way to start my morning? I was greeted by an ice princess.

"Come in." I said and I quickly ran back to the kitchen to check on my eggs. I turned off the stove and put the eggs on the plate. I put a plate full of eggs and bacon in front of Rosie and she looked at me with questioning eyes.

"Eat it.. we'll go out after this."

"I never agree to go out, Ares. I hate being surrounded by people." She said coldly and I sighed.

"Can you just cooperate with me? I'm trying here so can you appreciate it a little bit?" I looked at her seriously and she took the fork in front of her start digging her food.

"Are you okay?" I asked as I sat in front of her with the same food as her.

"I'm fine."

"You have puffy eyes." I said and she sighed.

"Mind your own business, Ares." She said as she put a spoonful of eggs into her mouth. We both ate in silent and she finished her breakfast first. She walked to the sink and washed it herself.

"Where are we going?" She asked.

"Coney island." I answered.

"I'm not a fan of beach." She stated and I turned to her.

"Change your clothes because it will be a little chilly there." I said and she walked out from my apartment. I washed my plate and put it back to it's place. I walked towards the door when Rosie rang the door bell. I opened the door and she already changed her clothes. She wore a black hoodie and denim jeans. She raised her eyebrows and I nodded approving it.

"Let's go." I said as I took my car keys and my camera. We both walked out from my apartment straight down to the parking lot. We got into my car and I turned to her as I started my car.

"Everyweek, we get to ask one deep question to each other and you have to answer it honestly. How about that?" I asked her and she shook her head.

"No.. I bet you will ask me weird things like how I still have my V card when I'm already 25 ye-"

"I'm not an asshole, Rosie. I know how to respect people." I hissed and she looked at me annoyed.

"Now.. you can ask me one question." I said.

"What exactly do you want from me?" She asked and I started to drive out from the building.

"I just want to be friends with you because I always want to find an answer to everything."

"I'm not a math question." She said in a cold tone like usual.

"I know but something about you that I want to know more."

"Yeah and then you will throw me away after you know ther answer." She said seriously and coldly.

"Now.. it's my turn. What's your job? Your real job." I asked because I was so curious about it.

"I'm working as an editor in a book publishing company." She answered and Josh was wrong then.

"You're not a writer?" I asked carefully.

"One question a day."

"Fine." I hissed and she suddenly turned on the radio. She looked out the window completely drown with the view of the town.

"Can you just find a girlfriend or something? Because I really don't like the idea of us being friends." She asked suddenly and I laughed.

"Are you really that eager to get rid of me huh?"

"I don't like to be in a same room as a stranger."

"I'm not interested to find a girlfriend now so it means you're stuck with me, Rosie." I smiled proudly and she just ignored me. After a long drive, we arrived at Coney Island. I parked my car first and we got out from it.

The weather was so nice even though it's a little windy but it's perfect to have a stroll on the beach. We walked side by side towards the beach and none of us trying to talk so I decided to start a conversation.

"Did you regret what happened that night?" I asked her as we walked towards the sea.

"No. I didn't regret it but I regret meeting you again." She said.

"Ouch!" I pretended to get hurt by her words.

"I felt pity for you." I stated and she turned to me right away.

"What?! Pity?!" She asked me disbelief with an angry tone.

"You don't seem to be happy. You don't enjoy your life like others.. it seems like you always drown with sadness." I said honestly and I turned to her. We both stood beside each other facing the sea hearing the waves making it's way to the shore.

"For a stranger, you care too much." She said coldly.

"I'm your friend now, not a stranger anymore."

"Why do you care if I'm happy or not? It's my life not yours."

"I used to not care about it but ever since my brother killed himself because of it, I started to see people around me more." I said truthfully and I sighed. I miss my brother so much but now I believe that he's already get peace and happiness up there.

"Sorry."

"I was busy with my school, my love life and partying when he was busy struggling with himself all the time. I didn't know that he was battling with a lot of things until he died."

"That's why you wanted to be my friend.. don't worry, I won't kill myself." She said confidently.

"You might survive now, Rosie, but later on you will realize how lonely you are and you will start planning weird things inside your head." I said in a warning tone and I turned to her.

"You don't need to worry about me. I won't do something like that."

"Good to hear that.."