Chapter 17

~When souls find comfort in one another, separation is not possible~

I got back home and kicked my shoes off then went straight for the kitchen. I needed to eat chocolate.

I grabbed a chocolate bar and ripped the wrapper off. I threw it somewhere behind me as I angrily bite a chunk off. I walk to the refrigerator dragging my feet against the hard cold wooden floor. I rummaged through all the leftovers and decided on chicken. I put the entire rotisserie chicken in the microwave for 8 minutes and went upstairs to change.

I put on a Chicago shirt and black biker shorts. I put on some socks since my toes were freezing and waltzed back down the stairs.

I squeezed some BBQ sauce into a small sauce bowl and dug my hands into the chicken

I squeezed some BBQ sauce into a small sauce bowl and dug my hands into the chicken. As I dipped the chicken and shoved it in my mouth there was a knock at the door. I froze and dropped the remaining chicken back in the container. I was about to run upstairs for my phone when I heard Alessandro call out my name from behind the door.

I wheezed a little when I ran to him. Ya know me being a fatass and all.

I swung the door open only to meet a bashed up Alessandro. And when I say bashed I mean BASHED.

Honey, I'm talking black eye, bruises, cuts, and blood, lots and lots of blood.

"What the fuck?! Come inside sit on the couch!" As he sat on the couch I realized this wasn't the first time I sat a man I was with on my couch after they'd just got beaten up. My mind flashed back to Isaac's situation and realized I couldn't tell Alessandro. I had to be with Isaac when he told Alessandro. "I'm gonna go get some stuff to help." I rushed upstairs to the medicine cabinet and grabbed items I thought could help.

I started treating Alessandro spurting out questions to myself. I avoided eye contact as I threw away blood filled wipe after blood filled wipe.

"Why aren't you asking what happened?" His voice was curious with a twinge of hurt.

I finally looked in his eyes and noticed one was half swollen shut. That's when I broke down.

"Because I don't want to know what did this to you or who. I know if you told me I would try to stop you from ever doing this again but I would fail miserably. I would now be the one at fault because I wasn't enough to stop you from hurting yourself." Tears gushed out my eyes making my vision blurry and soon enough I was not the one being taken care of.

I was being cradled in Alessandro's eyes.

"You know why I came here instead of going home where I could have my personal doctor assist me?" His voice held confidence like his answer was enough to keep me from blaming me.

"Why?" I fell into his helpful trap like a bunny after a carrot.

"Because I thought it was time for you to find out why I go missing all the time and have bruises everywhere most of the time." I sat up not straddling Alessandro. If I wanted I could be touching his tip. "Friday, 11 pm. Bring Sarah. Ashton will be by to pick both of you up and take you to my secret place." He smiled at the last part as if it was a joke.