11.

A/N: hi guys! Once again, thanks for reading. I hope you enjoy this one! Leave a comment if I've made a mistake. Thanks :)

It's the day of their trip and if Lauren's completely honest with herself, she's kind of anxious about it. Camila and her can't even work together properly for an entire day of shooting, so how are they going to be together for an entire week without ripping each other's eyes out? As she's shoving a couple of t-shirts in her suitcase, she thinks of ways to fake an illness to get out of this stupid idea. She's an actress after all, how difficult could it be to fake mad cow disease or something. Can humans even get mad cow disease?
Anyway, she knows that even if she were actually on the brink of dying, Dinah would still shove her in the back of the car forcing her to join them, so she should probably just get her shit together.

She doesn't know why she's this anxious, though. Yeah, it's obvious that it's going to be an absolute disaster, but how wrong can it actually go? It isn't as if they're going to physically fight each other and if that were to happen, she'd definitely win. There's just this awkward tension that's always surrounding the co-stars. Normally she gets to leave that tension after a day of working together and relax at home, but now she has to live in it for a full week.

After Lauren is done packing, more like shoving all of her stuff in a suitcase in the hope of it fitting, she decides to paint for a little bit. Painting has always been one of Lauren's secret passions. Not so much secret in the sense that she's actively hiding it from people, she just doesn't bring it up if no one asks. It's her personal thing. Painting is one of the only ways to completely put her mind at ease and lately she's really been craving some mental rest. This whole fake dating thing is already stressing her the fuck out and it hasn't even really started yet. It bothers her that Camila and her just absolutely didn't have a say in it. Once again, someone's trying to tell her what to do and this time there's absolutely no way out of it, because she wasn't about to lose the roll of Emily she worked so hard for.

Camila might believe Lauren doesn't give a rat's ass about the show, but the green eyed girl actually cares very deeply. Unknowingly, the two girls actually share this passion for the same reason: representation. Growing up, Lauren always knew she was different in a way, she just didn't know in what way exactly. Then, when she was five, she told her mom she was in love with Arielle. Yes, the mermaid Arielle. Once again, she was five, okay? Her mom laughed and just waved it off, telling her that she shouldn't say such silly things. Since Lauren has always been kind of a rebel, she decided to make it her passion to never make a kid feel like that by becoming an actress and offering representation in a world that hardly offers any.

Her relaxing painting session was soon interrupted by the doorbell ringing again and again alarming Lauren of Dinah's presence. Simply to spite Dinah, Lauren took her sweet time grabbing her stuff, making sure to double check if she took everything with her. As she opened the door she nearly got knocked out by Dinah's fist, still trying to knock on her door. "Oops, sorry Lauser," she says sheepishly.

"'S okay, where's Normani and the little shit?" Lauren asks, because she doesn't see them anywhere.

Dinah laughs at Lauren's unnecessary rudeness, "They're parked around the corner, let's go," she says as she starts walking towards the car. As they're walking Dinah tells her a little bit about where they're going to stay for the next few days. "We're very lucky, because it's my aunt and uncle's house, but they're away on a little holiday themselves, so we get to take over their home for the week. It has the best view of the ocean and they even have a freaking jacuzzi!" Dinah tells her excitedly.

Lauren just nods along kindly, still kind of nervous about the whole thing. She has to admit she is very happy about the view of the ocean, though. She has always loved the ocean and who knows? Maybe she'll even meet Arielle after all these years, a girl can dream.

When Lauren and Dinah arrive at the car, Normani's already excitedly waving at them from the driver's seat, immediately ridding Lauren of the fear that Dinah was going to be driving them. Dinah would be an amazing driver if she were a derby racer, but she could absolutely not be trusted on an average road. Lauren tries to step into the passenger's seat, but gets roughly shoved out of the way by the tall girl. "Hell no Ralph, you're sitting next to your girlfriend," she laughs. Slightly annoyed, Lauren rolls her eyes as she steps into the backseat of the car, next to an equally annoyed Camila. "Cabello," Lauren says as a way of greeting.

"Jauregui, thank you for gracing us with your presence," Camila responds equally sarcastically. They both jump when Beyoncé suddenly gets played so loudly you might actually hear it in a noisy bar in Australia.

That's how they spend the rest of their drive to the house, Camila and Lauren moping on the backseat of the car whilst Dinah and Normani are having a full on karaoke session.

After about two hours of driving the car crawls to a stop and Camila sprints out of the car. "I'm going to pee my pants!" she yells as she runs towards the house. "How are you going to open that door exactly, genius?" Lauren asks her, laughing at Camila's nervous hops. She kind of looks like one of those Hawaiian girl puppets you can put in your car window, swinging from side to side. Even though she doesn't like to admit it, Camila knows Lauren is right, so she immediately sprints back to Dinah. "Keys, please?" she nearly begs, but Dinah doesn't budge. "Dinah, please? I'll literally pee right here if you don't give me those keys."

Dinah still isn't convinced. "You know what to do, Canola," she says. Camila just looks incredibly confused, before her eyes suddenly light up in realisation. "Oh fucking shithole I'll unblock you, please just give me the keys Dinah!" That seems to be enough for Dinah as she hands Camila the keys, who nearly flies to the door and runs into the house. Lauren just laughs at Camila's expense as she looks around. She has to say she's incredibly impressed, this house is fucking amazing. That's not even including the view. She walks to the huge windows with a view of the ocean and she automatically imagines sitting here every evening as the sun goes down.

"Wow," Normani says appreciatively, "this is amazing ba-, Dinah," she blushes, happy to see that Lauren didn't hear a thing because she's so lost in her own world. Dinah just winks at her before a very relieved Camila walks back into the room. "Oh wow, it's gorgeous," she says. Everybody just nods in agreement, a rare occurrence in this group.

"I don't know about you guys, but I could eat," Normani offers. "Hell yeah," Camila immediately responds, "can we please eat pizza?" she asks hopefully, sparkles in her eyes that even Lauren can't refuse, so everybody agrees and they order some pizza.

As they wait for the pizza they talk about the new season of On the Run for a little bit. "I'm actually really excited about where they're going with it," Lauren admits, "I mean, I'm really excited to see the two girls finally figure out their true feelings," she explains. Dinah smirks. "Same." Lucky for Dinah, no one else noticed the clear implication in her statement. Camila nods, chewing on her lower lip like she always does when she's nervous or simply thinking. "Hmhm, they should really get their heads out of their asses. They're so obviously in love with each other!" she exclaims. Dinah laughs once again, earning a warning glare from Normani. "What are you laughing at DJ?" Lauren asks. Dinah quickly shakes her head. "Nah, it's nothing."

Dinah sighs in relief when the doorbell rings, literally saving her by the bell. As no one makes a move to leave to the door, Lauren decides to stand up and get the pizza. "Okay, I'll go, lazy ass hoes," she says walking to the front door.

She soon comes back with the four pizzas and they happily indulge whilst sitting on the floor, discussing the new season. Normani happily talks about the amazing outfits she's gotten for the girls as the other girls talk about what they're excited for in terms of their characters.

Dinah is actually positively surprised by Lauren and Camila's behaviour. They don't really talk to each other and when they do, they insult each other about once every five minutes, but they haven't been as bad as they can be. So, whatever may come, the first evening was an absolute success and they all go to bed in peace. That peacefulness obviously doesn't last long ...