⚫Chapter 48⚫

Sunday, December 23

Before we knew it, our time was up in Regnum Caeli. My friends and I were currently gathered in front of the portal with Nephele and Annora.

"It was a pleasure having us, thank you!"

"Anytime! Feel free to visit whenever you want," Nephele said.

First, Jasper made his exit, leaving Elias, Nathan and I left.

"Alright goodbye," I said before turning around.

"Leilani," I heard Nathan call out to me.

"What is it? Do you want to go last this time?" I asked with a chuckle. Elias would have to go right after me, but I was sure he wouldn't mind.

"Actually, no. Um, I'm not coming with you guys..."

And that was when my heart shattered. "W-What do you mean you're not coming with us?" I asked.

Nathan pulled me away from the others.

"I've decided to stay here with Annora."

I looked past Nathan to see her staring at us. "I've been waiting for her for two years. I want to spend all the time I can with her before we leave."

It was at that moment that I realized I was being inconsiderate and selfish. Nathan was no longer mine. I mean, he never was.

"I'm sorry. I completely understand." I embraced Nathan into a quick hug, before leaving him, Nephele, and Annora standing there confused as I rushed over towards Elias.

"See ya!"

"Leilani-"

I grabbed Elias' hand before Nathan could finish his sentence and pulled him into the portal after me.

-

"Are you guys out of your minds?" Sebastian yelled at us as we stood in his throne room.

"Um, not exactly..." Jasper said.

"Silence!" he yelled at Jasper.

"Ok, Sebastian you need to calm down!" I exclaimed.

"I am not finished speaking!" he yelled at me.

"Did you just yell at my mate?" Elias shouted at him as he charged towards

"Okay, okay that's enough," Mateo said as he blocked Elias from touching Sebastian. "Everyone calm down! Especially you Sebastian. Let them speak!"

Sebastian huffed before he signalled for me to continue.

"I'm sorry that you seem offended in any way, but we had to go. We couldn't just sit around and pretend like everything was cool."

"Well? Are other alphas willing to speak to each other?" he asked.

"Well, see that's the thing. There's something we need to tell you about the new Alpha Ignis. His name is Roman and he is Elias' uncle.

-

"This is impossible," Sebastian responded.

"I am afraid not. She's telling the truth," Elias said.

"So, you're telling me the new Alpha of Regnum Ignis is searching for the bracelet? How are you certain of this?"

"His daughter told us."

"And how do you know she isn't lying?"

Truth is we didn't know. But there was no way Isidora was lying to us. I mean why would she?

"We're certain she's not lying," Jasper said backing me up.

"So, what are you guys going to do?" he asked us.

"Who said we were going to do anything?" I asked him.

"Oh, so you're just going to sit back and watch everything unfold?" Sebastian asked sarcastically. He clearly knew we were going to do something about it.

"We're not going to do anything just yet. If we had information on the bracelet's whereabouts, we would search for it, but we don't. And even if we did try looking for it, it would take us days or even weeks."

"So, you're just going to wait for him to get the bracelet first?" Mateo asked.

"I am afraid there is no other way," I stated.

-

Sebastian suggested that my friends and I should tell everyone about what was going on so there were no surprises. So, we told them. Every single werewolf living in Regnum Aqua. There were a lot of questions, but I was glad everyone knew what was going on.

My friends, especially the girls, questioned us. They wanted to know what every domain looked like and all the events that took place. They were also very happy for Jasper and Nathan.

Saphira became worried that I would miss Nathan too much, but I told her I was fine. It wasn't like he was staying there forever. I would see him again hopefully soon.