Chapter 1

Raindrops hit my forehead repeatedly, as I furiously pushed through the current of immensely strong wind and incredibly impatient people

God, I really do hate rainy days.

And people...

But mostly rainy days, I guess.

With that thought in mind, I mentally cursed the day I decided to give my older brother a piece of my mind. Now, after I had cooled down from the initial shock of it all, I came to realize one very simple thing. If I had kept my mouth shut, I would not be on my way to a job interview right now. A fucking job interview!  That was definitely not a happy exclamation mark. At all.

In fact, if I could make all exclamation marks make everything sound angry, I would. But I wasn't in charge of making those rules, was I? No. So here we are. Explaining the meaning of my exclamation mark.

Jesus...I really need a shrink.

Keeping that idea in my mind, I continued to push through the crowds of people. Heavy rain fell from above and I already knew just how messed-up my hair will look. Oh, I'm sorry! I didn't know fucking umbrellas were a necessity in this fucking town! I had been everywhere but here for the past 5 or 6 years and not once did I need to carry an umbrella on me at all times.

Who in their right mind even likes rain, though?

Psychos.
Only psychos.

Don't believe me?

Well, hear me out.

You can really imagine the sick weirdo, Ted Bundy, just casually talking about his love for storms, rain, and the romance of it all.

Charming fella, isn't he?

Yeah, no.
Rain is for psychos.

Period.

I always liked the heat- The scorching sun that burned my skin until I was tan enough for all my rich friends to think I spent months going to a tanning bed. The cool droplets of salty seawater dripping all the way down to my- *cough* legs. Yes, I was talking about my legs. What else could I be talking about? *cough*

Anyway, yep, I loved Summer. More importantly- the sun. As a normal, mentally stable, not Ted Bundy type of person would.

Yeah, call me basic and sue me, if you feel like it.

I have a great lawyer, anyway.

"Excuse me!" I huffed impatiently as I pushed and squeezed past yet another crowd of busy bees, apparently. And guess what I get for being polite? I earned myself a foul-smelling armpit to the face. Yes. An armpit. To the face. To my pretty face.