023 || budapest pt2

•••

•••

Clint let out an angry sigh, calling Fury on his phone as he jumped down from his perch and started jogging towards the building. No alarm had been tripped yet, but he doubted she'd be lucky.
"What is it Agent Barton?"
"I need you to check on Grace - Nat said she ran ID on some people at the base. They had connections to the man that broke into our house a few months back, they might have found her again"
"On it" Fury said, a hint of fear slipping through his stoic façade.
Clint snuck around the side of the building, waiting for an opening in the security.

•••

On the inside, Nat was swiftly making her way down the corridors, avoiding anyone who walked by as she tried to reduce casualties. Her eyes quickly scanned the room, searching for a computer in a relatively safe place where she could gather more intel. All she wanted to do was make sure her friend was safe, and intelligence would make it much easier to take down from the inside.
She grinned as she caught sight of a computer in an office which was tucked into the corner of the large room.

"Hey!" Someone shouted from behind her.
Nat immediately tensed, adrenaline pumping through her body.
"Yes?" She replied, voice smooth as silk
"I haven't seen you around here before" he said, a gun cocking to her left.
With a small smile, she whipped around to see 5 men lined up, "I'm going to enjoy this"

She leapt at the first man, jumping into his shoulders and using her thigh to choke him. He dropped his gun as he tried to get her off him, giving Nat the perfect opportunity to body slam him to the ground and pick up his gun, shooting all of the men dead.
"What was that Nat?" Clint's voice asked through the earpiece
"I've been found out - your help would be nice right now" she said, her breathing evening itself out again.

•••

"Every time"
Using a grappling arrow, Clint made his way on to the roof, propping open a skylight and sneaking onto a metal support beam. From up here he could see a large section of what he guessed was the main room. 30 people were rushing around on computers whilst the men dressed in black grabbed guns and rushed into the hallway.
"What's happening?" Clint asked quietly, observing the group below him carefully.
"I'm combing their data files, trying to figure out if anyone here is as innocent as you think" Nat replied.
"You've got 6 men coming at you - need the help?"
"Just keep them off me for a few minutes"

At this, Clint expertly made his way across the beams and into the corridors, sneaking above the gun squad that was jogging towards Nat.
Without a second thought, he grabbed his bow and shot the man in the back down.
He quickly picked off the men one by one, too quickly for them to realise what was happening.
"Coast is clear on my end"

•••

"Coast is not clear on my end" Nat huffed. She had been an idiot and let her gun get knocked from her grip. Another 5 men were running down the opposite corridor towards Nat with evil grins on their faces.
"This is my workout for today" she mumbled, receiving a quiet chuckle from Clint.
"You need help?"
"Nah I got this"
"Okay"

Then Nat did what she did best.
Leaving the computer still searching / downloading the data files, she ran to the corridor, immediately knocking a man down.
Her eyes locking on the next one, she dodged a heavy punch that flew at her face, returning the favour only seconds later, followed by a kick to the gut. As the man doubled over, she used his back to launch herself at another assailant, her legs gripping his neck and swinging him to the ground.
She looked up at the last two with a smirk, dodging the bullets that were spat out of their guns, getting close enough to kick the guns out of their hands. With a jump that looked like it could be from ballet, Nat knocked out both men at once.

She blew a curl out of her hair as she stalked back to the computer, her eyes going wide as she read the information.
"Clint - we got a full on HYDRA force here - no innocents are in this compound" she said "they teamed up with the KGB"
"Shit. Let's call the team and get this lot arrested"
"No clint. That's not what I'm worried about - 3 agents were sent out to Iowa"
"Motherfuckers"

•••

He saw red.

Staying in his perch, he aimed an electrified arrow at the main hub and fired, frying the computers.
The doctors started chatting worriedly, the noise reminding Clint of a bees nest. Eyes narrowed, he proceeded to start picking off the people in the room, his anger fuelling his muscles as he continuously flexed to pull the bowstring.

Natasha snuck in the door, melding in with the chaos that had broken out in the room. With a smirk, she pressed a button causing all the doors to lock.
Then, with the grace of a feline, she started fighting 3 burly men by the door, defending the button whilst Clint finished his work.

As the last man hit the floor, Clint jumped down from his perch.
The two silently looked around at the mass of bodies covering the floor.

"Well we won't be forgetting Budapest any time soon"