Chapter 16

"Rhys," wade whispered in my ear.

"Five more minutes." I groan into his pillow, I loved sleeping in his bed. It always smelt like him, and even after working out he smelt good.

Its been a couple and we've grown a lot closer, my bad dreams have come to a minimum. Though, I haven't had any memories come back to me, I was living life. A smile was usually found on my face and things have been coming together. I suppose this is what things were like before. I just wish i didn't do something stupid to lose it all.

"You good?" He asks, he pulls me out of his pillow so he's hovering over me. I nod my head and flash him an actual smile. "You're so beautiful." He grins.

"Not as beautiful as you," I grin. He rolls his eyes and places a kiss on my forehead. Wade is affectionate and I don't have a problem with it. I like it a lot, actually. It makes me feel loved, we still aren't a thing. Taking it slow is nice. I'm getting to know him better.

"Mom called this morning." He states. I raise my eyebrow waiting for him to continue. "She still wants me to move back to Cali. She's trying to get me to come back."

I sit up, a frown forming at my lips. "Are you going to go?" I ask.

"Well, I am going—"

"WHAT?" I scream at him. He looks taken by surprise. "You didn't even give me a chance. Just because I haven't returned the feelings doesn't mean you can just go and give up on me. You jerk!" I'm crying now and hitting his chest, but not too hard.

"Rhys—"

"No! Don't you Rhys me!" I say, fuming. He smiles at me. He fucking smiles at me and starts laughing.

"Baby, let me finish. I'm going there for a wedding. My moms wedding, but I'm not staying."  He takes my hands into his hands and presses kisses onto them. I was breathing heavily after me meltdown. "Calm down, its okay." He pulls me to him so my head is laying on his chest.

There's a knock at the door, "You guys good in there?" Wade's roommate asks.

"Yeah, we good." Wade presses a kiss to my forehead and leans us back in bed.

"Can you tell me more about how we were before?" I ask as I touch the engagement rings on his bare chest.

I sat there for a long time and listened to him speak with a smile on his face, crinkles at his eyes, and a bubbly voice as he told me about us.  I could listen for hours, but I think that remembering would be a lot better. But we can't all have what we want and sometimes we have to find something better. Like replacing the old memories he has with new ones, ones neither of us will forget.

...

Nicole links arms with me as we walk into the mall. "So how are you and Wade?" She asks.

I shrug my shoulders, "he's cute." She smirks at me.

"Uh huh?" I nod my head. "Bang him!" She squeals. I cough at her statement and almost spill my caramel macchiato. "Y'all would make cute babies omg!!"

"Maybe, I will."

"Hm," she hums. "I think you should get the deed done, honestly. It's not gonna hurt you, really. But use protection." She tuts.

My shoulder bumps into someone else's and I bout fall down, but a strong grasps catches my arm and pulls me steady on my feet. I groan as I rub my shoulder.

"Sorry."

I look up to see James. "Oh em gee! Hey," my eyes quickly glance to the familiar guy with the man bun next to him.

"Hey, Rhys." He smirks.

"You guys know each other?" James asks. I shake my head.

"If you consider this asshole harassing me at a party, then, yes I know him." I glare at him. Nicole glares at him too, pure hatred radiating off her.

"I did not!" Nick says innocently.

"Oh, shut up! James, what are you even doing with this jerk?" I ask, my arms were crossed and my glare still focused on Nick and his stupidly hot man bun. Maybe Wade should get one.

"I have to go," Nicole says as she picks up yer phone and walks away. She's gone before it could register through my mind that she was my ride here. Well, shit.

"So, wanna hang with us?" James asks. I shake my head and walk off in the other direction. I don't know why James is hanging out with Nick. Or how he even knows him. Why would James even hangout with a guy like Nick? He's a douche!

I make my way toward the exit of the mall and sit on a bench outside. It was a rainy day, thunder booming in the sky and lighting striking every couple seconds. I sigh and lean my head back against the wall behind the bench.

About ten minutes later a honk startles me from my day dreaming. I crack one eye open to see Nicks face inside of a black charger.

"Get in, babycakes." He grins. In reply I flip him the bird. "Are you really gonna be like this? I will drag you by your hair and throw you in my trunk and lock you in—"

"Okay, okay!" I laugh and get up from the bench. I walk over to his car and slide into the passenger seat.

"Wanna grab lunch? Yeah, okay. McDonald's? Bet." He says, all in less than three seconds. Not even giving me the chance to speak. I let out a laugh and shake my head.

"Whatever works. But you're paying."

"Just for you," he winks.

...

An hour later we both are stuffed full of greasy food and too much soda pop.

"Can you take me home?" I ask. He nods his head, I read him off my address and look down at my phone to see several unread messages from Wade.

Hey where are you

Rhysssss

I'm picking you up at your house in like ten mins you better be there

I'm at your house and you're not here so hurry

Omg Rhys

I giggle at his messages and send him just a heart back at all his messages. Nick pulls up to my house and Wade is sitting on the hood of his car looking down at his phone. A genuine smile on his face, but when he looks up and notices Nicks car pulling into my driveway his smile turns into a frown.

"See ya later," Nicks grins at me.

"Uh huh, we'll see. Thanks for the ride." He winks in reply as I get out of his car. Once he's long gone do I look at Wade. His arms are crossed, his eyes are slits.

"Heyyy," I say.

"Why the fuck were you with him?" Wade asks.

"Who Nick?" I ask innocently.

"Stop playing games Rhys! Why the hell were you with him? You said you were hanging out with Nicole today. Not Nick." He half shouts.

"I can take care of myself. I don't need to tell you everything I do." I fire back.

"Excuse me? You can't take care of yourself. You couldn't even win your championship fight for Christ sakes. That's what landed oh in this damn mess!" He's yelling now. Championship fight? That's how I lost my memory?

Tears flood my eyes as random pictures of events I've never seen before flash through my eyes. The memories were vivid and real. My heart was pounding while my chest is constricting.

I was crying now. I could barely breathe.

Strong arms wrapped around me and pulled me to their chest. I'm assuming it's Wade, though my eyes weren't open. He held me there for several minutes. My breathing finally calmed and I opened my eyes.

"Are you okay?" He asks, his big browns eyes were big and glossy I noticed as he looked down at me. I nod my head and then lay it against his chest. "God, I'm so sorry. Baby, I'm so sorry."

....

comment and vote for more!