09. 𝗯𝗹𝗼𝗼𝗱 𝘁𝗼 𝘀𝗵𝗲𝗱

THE SECRET AVENGERS ARRIVES AT THE HIDDEN COUNTRY OF WAKANDA. It's beautiful with how drastically different their technology and lifestyle are compared to anywhere around the world. The structures of the buildings were designed elegantly, and the city was filled with people dressed in their own culture. Darcy was fascinated and curious about how Wakanda managed to stay under the radar for as long as they have.

Crowding inside one of their main buildings, Darcy stood off from the group as she admires the view from the top floor. A conversation between Bruce and Shuri continues as they examined Vision. Darcy hasn't seen Wakanda since she and Bucky received help from their alternate egos, but the woman chose to leave soon, then her friend. A way of leaving that part of her behind.

Darcy forced herself out of her thoughts--she was starting to worry about the aliens that abruptly arrived, and Darcy was a little spooked out by the fact that aliens are real. She faces the group and glances at the humanoid lying on the table, who was glancing up back at Shuri as he listens attentively.

After studying the holographic projection in her palm, Shuri was gobsmacked. "Whoa. The structure is polymorphic."

"Right. We had to attach each neuron non-sequentially."

"Why didn't you just reprogram the synapses to work collectively?"

Bruce was silent as Vision looks over at the scientist. "Because . . . we didn't think of it," he responds with uncertainty.

Shur smiles. "I'm sure you did your best."

"Can you do it?" Wanda asks worriedly.

"Yes, but there are more than two trillion neurons here," Shuri informs, giving Wanda a careful look.

Darcy furrows her brows, a heavy feeling at the way the teen worded herself. "I'm assuming there's bad news."

Shuri nods. "One misalignment could cause a cascade of circuit failures," Darcy could only nod, though it didn't soothe anyone. Then, Shuri looks at her brother. "It will take time, brother."

"How long?" Steve inquires.

"As long as you can give me."

To make matters worse, the Kimoyo Beads trill around Okoye's wrists, along with the alarms blaring through the building. Darcy drops her arms in an alerting stance; she examines the room with caution, confused just like the others. Her hand hovers over the bo-staff that she had perched against her back. Darcy's eyes so happened to meet Steve's.

Steve man didn't reveal any emotion, but when he saw hers, he lifts his hand, reassuring the woman that it's okay. Darcy looked as if she was going into attack mode.

Pulling one of the beads from the chain of the others, Okoye rolls it into her palm, and a holographic picture paints the air with a map. Darcy glances at it, fascinated. The technology is highly different from when she remembers; it was overwhelming.

"Something's entered the atmosphere."

Darcy's brows were pressed into one another, causing frown lines to form on her forehead, the woman looks out the window. A bright light was falling from the sky, leaving a trail of thick smoke. Darcy's eyes widened when the object was aimed to land right on top of Wakanda. Darcy doesn't flinch when it hits an invisible magnetic force-field. The object explodes, causing all heads to turn to catch a glimpse of the object, but thankfully the force-field was strong enough to prevent it from entering into their safety net.

Just outside the dome, multiple ships were falling out of the sky and landing just outside of their shelter, blowing gusts of wind towards the dome. It was unknown as to what hides behind those closed doors, and to be quite frank, Darcy didn't want to find out.