19. hunted

C H A P T E R  1 9

❛ hunted ❜

QUINN

     THE FURTHER THEY GOT AWAY FROM WOODBURY, the more weight seemed to disappear from her shoulders. Even though Andrea's decision hurt, being away from the Governor and his men was worth it. She knew that if she'd stayed much longer, she either would have died at the Governor's hands or died from the exhaustion of not knowing who to trust. But, as she looked at Michonne walking beside her, she knew there was at least one person she could trust unconditionally.

Though, her usual scowl hadn't disappeared and the way she kept looking over her shoulder was making Quinn nervous. They both didn't want to say it out loud but they were fairly sure the Governor would send his men after them. Both of them hadn't expected him to actually open the gates and even now she was still convinced part of it was a trick to gain their trust. Well, it hadn't worked and so now he had to make sure the two of them were taken care of in another way.

The familiar moaning of a walker broke through her thoughts. She reached for her dagger but Michonne was quicker, pulling her katana free as she took a step forward. The corpse stumbled to her with its arms outstretched, biting and growling. Michonne planted her feet steadily on the ground, swung her katana and cut its arms off. Then she sliced its legs off. The corpse fell on the ground and only then did she finish it by pushing the blade into its head.

'Why not just kill it right away?' Quinn questioned as she walked up to her friend.

Michonne didn't reply straight away and instead decapitated the walker, kicking the head away in a nearby bush. 'We're leaving a message,' she said as she put her katana away and placed the arms in the shape of a G. Then she went to the legs, forming an O and she finished with the walker's back at the end of the message.