𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞. 𝐢𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐥𝐞

-

-

THE NEXT MORNING, I finally decided to go swimming in the giant pool the school had to offer. I used to love swimming all the time, and when I was younger I went to swimming galas and competitions. It was something I loved to do, especially as I was very competitive. My room is filled with gala ribbons or medals from competitions that were held all around Spain. I stopped the competitions to focus on my studies, but maybe I could get involved again.

"Buenos días." I heard a quiet voice from behind me, and I turn to see Nadia, smiling as she enters the changing room, setting her stuff down across from me. "Good morning Nadia, How are you?" I ask, smiling as I began to get changed. "I'm good, and you? I haven't spoken to you much, I've been very busy since we've come here." She says, shaking her head to herself, and I shrug. "It's okay, don't worry about it." I smile at her as I pull up my swimming costume, grabbing my towel before heading out to the pool, telling Nadia I'd see her in a second. Since it was the morning, the pool was practically empty, except one boy was swimming up and down, doing quick laps of the pool. I braided my hair quickly and put it in a bun before shoving it in a swimming cap, which I hated. I stood at the end of the pool, and dived in, swimming to the other end of the pool, almost as if I was racing the boy beside me. Of course, I won.

"Hola, Hermosa." I heard a voice say as I lifted my head, and bobbed up and down in the water. I turned to my side to see the source of the voice was Guzman, and that he was the one who was swimming. I blushed slightly at his words, before shaking my head, rolling my eyes at him.

"Hola idiota. ¿Qué pasa?"

"Cómo va su proyecto?" He laughed and I shook my head once more, a habit I seem to have formed whenever Guzman speaks. "It's shit. Why didn't you just work with her, seeing as she's your girlfriend?" He laughed again, before pulling himself up onto the side, sitting down with his feet still in the pool. "She's not my girlfriend. We just were having fun. I didn't want to deal with that all the time, I'm not crazy." I giggled with him, and I resumed swimming as he sat and watched me, just as Nadia walked out of the changing room.

After an hour in the pool, just all hanging out, Guzman continued to swim, and Nadia and I headed back to the changing room too. She was silent, as if in deep thought, and she changed quickly, before rushing out back to the pool, probably to go study with Guzman. I braided my hair once more in an attempt to tidy it up, but then caught sight of a hairdryer in the corner of the room, and rushed over, attempting to use it to fix my curls, and at least try and straighten my hair a bit. After a little while, I managed to sort my hair out, and instead of it looking like Marina's, it just looked a little curly or wavy near the end.

As I left the changing room, I saw Marina, who smiled at me happily, before walking over and linking arms with me. "Hey!" She said, touching my curly bits of hair at the bottom as we headed outside, earning glances from some of the students, who probably wondered how we ever became friends. "Your hair is naturally like mine, isn't it?" She asked, and I nodded, "But your's looks good, mine a mess. Hence the reason I tidy it up and straighten it most of the time." I said, and she shook her head. "No no, it suits you. Perfecto. Leave your hair natural one day, It'll be cute. We can match!" She said, smiling as we stood on the bridge, watching the ducks, almost like before.

"Can I ask you something?" She spoke, and I focused on her, noticing she was staring out at the water. "What's up?" I asked, and she smiled lightly. "Is Samuel a good guy?" She asked, and I smiled, realizing why she was asking. "You like Samu?" I asked, and noticed a small blush creep up onto her cheeks, answering for her. "That's cute! He is a good guy. You guys would be cute." She smiled, tapping the bridge railing as she giggled to herself. "Yes. I like him." I clapped my hands excitedly and was smiling at her, causing her to nudge me slightly. "Don't say anything to anyone. Especially my brother." I choked out a laugh, shaking my head. "Why would I ever tell Guzman." I was interrupted by the exact person I didn't want to hear.

"Tell Guzman what?" "Qué imbécil es," I responded quickly, and Marina snorted lightly, before giggling at Guzman's face. He was not happy. "Eso fue cruel." He said walking away as if waiting for one of us to call him back. "Pero es cierto," Marina said, and we burst out laughing, causing Guzman to turn around, facing the pair of us, before putting his middle fingers up. "Vete a la mierda!" He called out, and we both laughed, just as the bell rang, and Marina stepped forward slightly. "Toma!" She shouted to him, putting up her middle finger before he walked off.

"Your brother is funny sometimes," I said, thinking about how he actually could be a decent guy. "Do I sense a crush?" Marina giggled, and I shook my head profusely. "God no. He's an ass." She laughed, and we both ran off to class, giggling as we passed everyone in the corridor.

After class, I headed to the study hall, where I began trying to finish the project on my own. I put in my best effort, trying to focus, but instead, I was thinking about all the things that have happened since we all came to Las Encinas.

And all I could think was how much more would go wrong.