Chapter 21

We went to the police station, where a lot of people I knew, were waiting outside.Betty, Veronica, Archie, even FP and Alice were there.
They all hugged me and asked me how I was. I just said I was fine.

"he will pay for what he did to my girl" FP said, hugging me tightly. Betty gave me a sympathetic look and I smiled a little at her. Archie whispered something to Sweet Pea and Sweet Pea left. "I'll be back in 2 minutes" Sweet Pea said.
Jughead and I looked at each other in confusion.

"Well, I  brought you food!" Veronica said and handed me a delicious burger and fries from Pop's.
"Thank you so much Veronica, I appreciate it," I said and smiled at her.
I ate everything in seconds . Wow, man I was hungry.

"anything for my best friend," she said and smiled back.
Sweet Pea came back running, holding a water bottle. "Here! I'm sure you'll be thirsty" he said, giving me the bottle.

"Thank you Sweets," I said and he gave me a kiss on the cheek. "Anything for my princess" he replied smirking.

An officer told us to wait for a few minutes.
As we were waiting, I fell asleep on Sweet Pea's shoulder.
-

"Grace Jones? I need to ask you some questions, come with me" Sheriff Keller said and I slowly opened my eyes.

"sure Mr.Keller" I yawned and nodded.

"if you are tired, I can ask you some other time," the Sheriff said, feeling bad for waking me up.

"no, it's okay, I don't mind," I said and forced to smile

"are you sure?" Sweet Pea asked concerned. I nodded again and got up.
I followed Sheriff Keller into another small room.

"how are you feeling?" He asked nicely, shutting the door behind him and then, sitting on a chair.

"I am a tough girl, I think I'll be okay. Besides, my friends are always there for me when I need them" I responded, looking on the ceiling.

"He is going to jail, right?", I turned to look Mr.Keller. "For all of the horrible and disgusting things he did"

"Nick St Clair? Of course! Don't worry, I don't think he is going to bother you again." The sheriff said. "Now, let's get from the top. 3 days ago, you went to Nick's hotel room at 8 pm, am I right?"

I nodded so he could continue.

"Why'd you do that?" He asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Some days before that happened, an anonymous number texted me at school and told me to meet up in the bathrooms. So I went there and it was Nick. He said he liked me and he wanted us to be couple or something" I said looking at the floor.

"and what did you say?" Mr. Keller asked. " I said no and tried to leave. But he didn't let me. Then he told me that I'll put my friends and family in danger if I don't meet him at his hotel room at 5 Seasons"

"Blackmailing? seriously?" Mr. Keller asked - mostly himself. "Alright, Grace. You went to his hotel room and then?"

"I don't remember much. I think he gave me water-

"And you drank it? What did you feel afterwards?" He crossed his arms and sat back.

"I think, I felt dizzy. And sleepy" I answered while flashbacks were coming to my mind. "And then he, um..he tried to rape me". I said feeling uncomfortable and closing my eyes, taking a shaky breath, trying to erase this from my memory. I didn't want to remember.

"Okay, it's fine, thank you Grace. That's all" he said and smiled.

"really?" I asked. "you don't want to know anything else?"

"I know everything I need to know. Sweet Pea told us the rest. Now, listen to me. He gave you a drug, that night. Yiu was locked up in a small room. What happened when he had you in there? Did he try to get close to you again? Or he was abusive?"

"No, nothing," I said standing up. "Well, then you are free to go, Miss Jones." He said and smiled again.

As we walked out, Sweet Pea came up to me and hugged me. "What was that for?" I asked and chuckled. 

"I just wanted to hug you" he shrugged.
Before I could say anything, two people, a woman, and a man, probably a couple, walked up to me.
Sweet Pea looked at Sheriff Keller and then at them. "Grace, these are Nick's parents and they would like to apologize", Mr. Keller said.

"I don't want you to apologize, it wasn't your fault," I said kindly to them. The woman smiled sadly at me.
"Yeah, don't apologize..your kid is just a psychopath," Sweet Pea said ironically and I elbowed him so he would shut up.
"ouch," he whispered and chuckled.

-

[Hi! Sorry this is small, but it's getting REALLY late and I have school tomorrow - I need to sleep :( ]