chapter 15

Back to Lily's pov

I looked at my surrounding it seems like it's already evening. Then I saw a maid calling me, she said to follow her, so I did.

I thought that she was leading me to Grandma Verena and my adopted family, but it turns out that she isn't.

She has other plans for me

Lily's brother Sedric Axton pov

Where is Lily? When we came to pick her up, it seems that she is missing. We asked the herb gardener for her whereabouts. He told us that a maid came here to pick her up.

We had never send a maid to come here to pick her up.

I have a bad feeling about this........ I saw Sky looking very worried for her, then somewhere we heard a loud screaming sounds.

We went there as soon as we can.

Back to Lily's pov

The maid lead me to a dark place, I could sense by now that I'm in danger, she pulled out a dagger and tried to stab my heart. But unfortunately her plan was not going to be successful.

I saw other people behind her, there were in total 50 people including the maid. I looked at them calmly and I found it so amusing.

I began to plan in my head.

😑How should I kill them?

😐Perhaps I could burn them alive and see their pitiful expression

😀Or should I enveloped them in darkness and trap them within their nightmares, see them suffer slowly.

😄Oh well, I guess I should........

😁 Just do both...

The maid's pov

I'm an assassin. I have a mission to complete and that is to kill Lily Vean.

I was sent here by the neighbouring kingdom, the King personally asked us to kill her. We had to obey his orders since we work directly under him.

So we made a plan to kill her.

I waited for the right timing. I finally got a chance. It seems like Lily Vean our target likes herbs. After some time, the sky darkens, I knew that this was the right opportunity for us to execute our plan. I disguised myself as a maid, and asked her to follow me.

She doesn't seems to be suspicious of me. I felt pity for her, since she is going to die so young. She looks so cute and reminds me of my daughter. I don't really like this job. Yet I have no choice but to do so.

Everyone of us did not want to kill her. We had looked through her history and found out that she was tortured by her parents. We find her so pitiful. We are all highly skilled assassins but we have never killed someone innocent.

We have killed many people but they are all corrupted officials. Unfortunately, she has to die, otherwise our loved ones will be in danger. Please God forgive us.

We finally arrived at the dark corner where my fellow comrades are waiting for me to bring the target. I took out the dagger and tried to stab her. But then I was pushed back by a force.

Her ruby red eyes stared at all of us. Her smile send shivers down our spine. I stared at her with a look of guilt. Then the darkness suddenly surrounded us all. We tried to escape yet we couldn't.

I felt intense heat all around my body.  I saw black flames surrounding us. I got scared. 

We all screamed loudly. The pain was too much. Both physically and mentally.