and this is how it starts // matty

- via macabrematty on tumblr!!

-

Your fingers tapped against your phone case, your eyes watery as you tried to focus on the food in front of you. The lunch table in the back of the large cafeteria, you sat by yourself not wanting to cause a scene on the second day of school. 

You knew moving to a new school would be difficult amongst the stresses from home and having to make new friends in a school that was twenty times bigger than your old one but you thought you could do it. 

But here you sat, your food half eaten and you listening to music loud, not wanting to draw too much attention to yourself as you went over every possible scenario that you had made up about this school before you went. 

The light on your phone went off, blinking green, signaling a notification. Your heart beat quickly, excited that someone had messaged you, maybe someone from your old school wishing you luck. 

But it wasn’t what you thought, just a message from youtube saying someone had posted a new video, nothing that mattered and you were back to feeling anxious and completely down, knowing no one had messaged you in the last couple days, your outside friends not texting you back, no one taking the initiative to see how you were doing and it sucked. 

You wiped under your eyes and just turned the music up, hoping that lunch would be over soon so the day could continue. 

“Can I sit here?” A tall boy questioned, his curls hanging in his face as he tugged one of your earphones out. You were about to yell at the person for disrupting you but you just simply nodded your head, curious as to why he would want to sit next to you, unless he was new too.

“I could tell you were lonely so I thought I would join you.” He spoke softly as he picked apart one of his onion rings, a small smile on his lips as you just watched him, forgetting to really say anything. 

“I’m y/n.” You spoke softly, excited about making a new friend.

“I’m Matty.”