38 ❀ Horny octopus

Ezra POV

Ezra POV

     I wake up with my arms wound tightly around Klepto.

     Glancing down, I watch my mate as her chest rises and falls in deep breaths. Her gorgeous black locks fanned across the pillow, framing her pale face of perfection.

     It's only now that I suddenly remember.

     Today is the day.

     The day Alpha Veiler arrives.

     I try not to shiver at the mere thought. His presence alone will take this pack by storm. I can't imagine how the wolves will react at such a powerful presence in their midst.

     I shake the thought away, and ever so carefully untangle my limbs from around my mate.

     She may have let me sleep in the same bed as her, but I doubt she would approve of me holding her, even if I didn't do it on purpose.

     I can't imagine her reaction if she woke up to me holding her.

     Her continuous rejection of me has me in knots. Klepto is constantly reminding me of my wrong doings, and I don't know if she will ever accept me.

     I know that it's my own damn fault, I caused this, I brought this on myself.

     So whatever her choice, I have to live with it. As long as she's happy, I'll be alright.

     I sit up in the bed, pulling the covers off and striding barefoot on the hardwood floors to the bathroom. Silently, I brush my teeth and wash my face with cold water. I stare at myself in mirror, slapping my cheeks trying to wake myself up more.

     It seems the company of your mate helps you to sleep like a rock.

     The sounds of birds chirping distract me for a moment, and I glance outside in the morning light. The sun has just risen, it isn't even visible yet as it hides behind all the trees. It couldn't be past 6:30.

     Making my way downstairs, I'm met with Ace tying up his dark boots and Reid standing beside the front door with a strange look on his face.

     I grab a shiny, green apple from the counter and take a bite, gesturing to Reid.

     "What's up with him?" I wonder, and Ace shrugs, smirking as he finishes tying his shoelaces.