vulnerability

Vulnerability is seen as being weak. People who want to be perceived as strong think that having a closed off barrier on the mind is the way to be courageous and that in order to withstand something you must shield yourself. False. I don't care how strong you think you are, if you are not vulnerable then you are not strong. Being so sacred of letting emotions in that you shut everything out is not strength. Being able to shut down and try to aim for perfection does not make you courageous or an innovator. Being able to fail and stumble and fall and still get back up with the same amount of energy is strength. Let me ask you a question. Have you ever seen someone do something truly courageous and not show vulnerability? No. You haven't because in order to truly be brave you first have to feel uncertain. The definition of vulnerability is uncertainty. The ability to walk into a situation without knowing the outcome and doing it anyway is vulnerability. So try to sit here and tell me that you are truly joyful or loving or grateful without having shown vulnerability and I will shoot you down. It is not the person who scores first place or gains the prize that has won, but it is there person who tried the task despite the failures who has won. Half of the worlds problems could be solved if we were compassionate and grateful and vulnerable to one another. If you think you cannot have a difficult conversation and solve the problem you are wrong. You feel uncomfortable talking about the issue? Great. Because at the end of the day your comfort is not important in these discussions. Black lives matter, trans lives matter, me too, these movements need to be talked about and your comfort does not and should not factor into the conversations. The trans people should not have to be the ones to set the table to fix the issues they did not create. So fuck your myths of vulnerability and your avoidance or strength. The only way the world will change is if someone is brave enough to be vulnerable with it.