Seventeen

Jamie

Tuesday, November 11

"Can you please explain to me why the fuck you invited Ben over here?" Daejah asked as she flipped through tv channels while my son, Bryson, who will be 6 months old on the 20, laid on her. I continued to sweep the floors of our shared 2 bedroom apartment.

Right after I had Bryson we both moved into an apartment together and Daejah had a job at hooters then she put me on once I was able to go back to work from having my son. After a while that began to get boring so I switched to serving at the restaurant I work at now.

"Because I want my son to have his father in his life Daejah"

"For what? You act like Ben gone be there. You shouldn't have never tried to put Judah on child support and all of this could've been avoided"

I stopped sweeping and looked at Daejah "really? Are you are serious?"

"I'm just saying Jamie. And you know his lil gang don't like you. Especially Kentrell bitch ass and his hoe. Are they even still together?"

I rolled my eyes and continued sweeping "ion know And ion give a damn. The only thing I'm focused on is my son. They don't have to like me"

Daejah shook her head and looked at me

"You must miss him"

I sat the broom against the wall and laughed

"What made you say that?"

"Because I know you Jamie" Daejah told me while sitting up "you wanna get back with Ben?"

I shrugged and sat down on the chair beside her "maybe"

Even though I fucked Ben over, I still loved him and I hate what I did to him. Maybe it took for me to have Bryson to realize that I had some growing up to do but hey. It's better late than never.

"How you think Makayla feel knowing that she judah only Babymomma again?" Daejah asked with a laugh

"You asking me like I know. Ion care how she feel, he feel, or anybody else feel. Judah wasn't doing shit for him anyways"

"But he gave you money. You better hope ben at least does that"

"Money don't mean shit Daejah. I want my son to have a relationship with his father"

"And a relationship with his father ain't gone pay for his fatass to eat" she retorted, looking down at Bryson who was playing with her phone. I laughed and there was a knock on the door.

"That's my cue to leave so I won't say nothing disrespectful" Daejah said as she handed Bryson to me and grabbed her phone from him then left the living room. I got up and put Bryson on my hip then headed to the door. As I opened it, Ben stood on the other side of the door waiting

"Wassup"

"Hey" I replied back then let him in. He walked over to where Daejah just sat and I closed the door, going to sit on the other chair with Bryson in my lap

"Ben. I wanna apologize for everything. I know I was wrong and I hate that it took me to have my son for me to realize that but I am. I don't need nothing from you, I can take care of Bryson on my own. That's basically what I've been doing. All I ask is that you be in his life"

Ben sighed and looked at me "Jamie. This my seed. Ima be there regardless. Physically and financially. I wouldn't do you like that and I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I didn't"

"I really appreciate that. Thank you so much"

"No problem.... now can I hold my son?"

"Oh, yeah.." I stood up and walked over to him, handing him Bryson. Bryson hesitated a little bit but ended up going him.

"Bryson! Waddup lil nigga" Ben said with a smile and I laughed, watching as he bonded with Bryson. Bryson just continued to look at Ben but eventually a smile grew on his face and he started babbling, clapping his hands

"Now what are you talking about?" I asked Bryson while I wiped the corner of his mouth and he moved his head away from me, laying his head on Ben

"Don't touch my son" Ben told me while he slapped my hand away and turned his body away from me and I smacked my lips

"Boy hush. YOUR SON came outta me"

"Well he came outta my balls" Ben responded and we both laughed. After watching him bond with Bryson for a while, I decided to give him his personal time so I went into the kitchen and started cleaning up

Daejah
(Kentrell's ex and Jamie's best friend)

Daejah(Kentrell's ex and Jamie's best friend)

Makayla
(Ben's cousin and Judah's Babymomma)

Makayla(Ben's cousin and Judah's Babymomma)

Brea
(Kentrell's ex and Eric sister)

Brea(Kentrell's ex and Eric sister)