Part 21 'dawn tomorrow'

A/N BACK! And thank you everyone for your support!

Krels head is still snuggled against my palm. The reason..well it seems In the end I have very little willpower for this kind of thing. Feeling him tremble makes my insides tighten and churn.I can tell he's been drawing from the bond, significantly calming himself down just by the smallest bit of contact with me. To leave him, It's such a hopeless concept now. The bond is even stronger and it's difficult to do anything else than adore him! Mentally, I am sighing.

Krel lifts his shaky eyes to meet mine, his lips twitch into a painful smile as he finally answers. "I..deserve death." I can't mask how shocked I am at how easy he made that sentence sound.

Krel continues, "N-now I feel s-so insignific-cant compared to you. I-I'm a traitor to your kind. I-I wouldn't dream of turning you against them."

Krel takes a breather to gather more of his thoughts, maybe even waiting for me to take some of the weight of this conversation off his shoulders. Truthfully, when I think about what I want from him, I don't know. I DON'T KNOW. Is there really nothing he could say that would fix this? No, because mere words can't fix this.

His answer before did verify he knows what I am. But it was in such a vague manner it kind of makes me disgruntled. Finding I have nothing to say, Krel takes the initiative. "You..I k-know you want to go home..." His eyes cast down to the floor.

"Let m-me appear before your alph-, um..current king to receive my sentence. I know I-it won't e-end well for m-me.. But I-I can't l-live without my Mate. P-please, plEaSe, if they are lenient to me and lock me up, please, please..p-pleas visit me." He was sobbing at the end.

I wipe away a few tears with my thumb as they slip down his cheek. The laws in my land are a life for a life. Even if it was accidental, the punishment is severe. But this is the path he wished to tread, so I will guide him and see if he passes.

A silly smile spreads across my face as I imagine the way things will go. Back from zoning out, I give him my answer. "Very well then, do not embarrass me and give up so easily. We will leave at dawn tomorrow."

Krel's eyes lit up with renewed hope for his literal impending doom. It's a MIRACLE his Given is the current ruler or he really would be going over to be put down like a mutt, which isn't completely off the table. The council has opinions on matters too.

I can see how Krel is struggling not to reach out and hold me, which honestly I am too. Instead he settles on saying, "T-t-thank y-you." His voice cracked and he starts sobbing again. Quickly he covers his face with his hands, like a shield. Krel abruptly stands up shakily and takes his leave, no doubt before he crumbles under my gaze.

"I will be watching."

'He has a lot to prove.'

"I agree."

Crest quietly settles to the back of my mind pleased for the first time in awhile. Her tears and distraught behavior should be put on hold now since Given is.. sort of back?

Now to prepare for his arrival...

A/N Yes I know it's short, but i'd rather end it now than draw out the boring parts when I can just have a quick recap in the next chap. You'll see ^^ Working on the next part right now