The Satanic Voyage

Viola's POV

A cloud puffs out of me as I breathe, reminding myself that I'm actually doing this.

I'm actually making a deal with the devil- or something like that.

Kilian outstretches his arm, beckoning me to come closer and give him my hand. His sly smirk and always intoxicating eyes scan over me once more. I feel myself shrink- but muster up all of the courage that I had a couple minutes ago and take a step forward. The chilling wind casts itself on me, and I take delight in the coldness of autumn. I embrace the chill, wondering if I would feel that same familiar freeze when I'm in Kilian's service? Would it be comforting and icy in hell?

          I almost snicker out loud to that.

I slide my small fingers in his warm grasp, butterflies swarming in my stomach and in my chest as he pulls me closer to him and his heat. I feel his minty cool breath on me as he laces our fingers together.

             "This won't take long." He murmurs, voice going hoarse as he tenses up at our close proximity. His chest on mine, his smoldering stare on my face as I avert my eyes and nod. Why am I getting so nervous? I can feel heat rush throughout my frozen body, warming my cheeks in a blush. I bite my lip as I feel a sensation run throughout my hand and arm- and glance quickly to the source.

          A glowing golden light blossoms between Our fingers and palms- spreading like a wildfire to my arm. Right on the inside of my wrist, a beautiful black rose seals itself upon my skin- scorching fire stings it.

            "Is this what a tattoo feels like?" I hiss as I hear his chuckle.

            "Not quite. I wouldn't classify making deals with demons and a stabbing needle in the same category." He says as I look up at him. My lip tilts up in a smile as my eyelashes flutter. He seems caught in a trance for a second- he swallows. I lean in closer to his face with an intention to wipe the deer in headlights look off of his face.

             "You're right." I whisper. "Stabbing needles are much worse." I say, leaning back. He seems to snap out of his daze just as the black rose finishes and the glow dies down. I slowly take my hand out of his as he pulls his muscular arm back at his side- jaw clenching.

        I clear my throat with a smile as he takes a step back.

            "I think you should pack your bags." He says, red eyes getting darker. My smile turns into a frown.

          "What for?" I ask, fidgeting with my fingers nervously. He grins up at me- as if he had never been in that mesmerized state to begin with. As if it never happened.

           "To go find your sister of course- you are coming with me, right?" He drawls out, tone taking a hint of humor. My eyes widen at this.

"Yeah, of course. Give me just a second. I need to pack some stuff." I say, turning around to head to my house. I pause as I hear his voice ring out behind me.

"Don't forget to pack your thongs." He says tauntingly. My face goes white as a ghost as I spin around to tell him off, but when I turn around- he's gone. Just a breeze blowing the leaves around on the ground as I hear his wicked chuckle flow in the wind. I bite my lip and turn back around, shaking my head.

"Jackass." I mumble as I start the jog to my house.

By the time my out of breath ass reaches my home, I find Kilian leaning on the door. He checks his watch as if he'd been timing me and starts to clap slowly. My face is red as a hot pepper and I feel even more out of shape than I did before. Are my love handles visible? If so, were they juggling as I ran?

I have no time to get embarrassed at myself as Kilian unlocks my front door with the flick of his wrist- no key necessary. My eyes narrow as he beckons me to go through the door.

"Icicles first." He says as I find myself walking past him. This is probably how he knew that I owned thongs. I shake my head, clearing my mind as I race upstairs to pack some things into my book bag.

Toothbrush, underwear, changes of clothes- my fingers brush over the blood red thongs with the price tag still on it. I feel my cheeks redden as I hear my friend Louise's voice drift through my mind saying 'save them for a rainy day!'

I bite my lip harder this time, debating whether or not I should take them.

"It's not like they're going to be seen. Maybe I could just use them as a confidence booster?" I murmur to myself as I stuff them in my bag and a couple other undies.

My gaze drops to my bed as I think about what's under it.

One of dads spell books- a specific one that wasn't supposed to be touched. I take a deep breath. Maybe I should return it to his study? Maybe I should put it back to the exact same place I found it before.

My mind drifts as I kneel onto my floor and find myself reaching for the leather bound bewitching book. The exact same book that got me into this mess in the first place.

Dad liked to call these books 'forbidden magic' books. He thought they were dark and I wasn't allowed to touch them under any circumstances.

Then why did he own this?

I close my eyes, trying to push those nagging thoughts away and take another deep breath.

"You're coming with me." I say, stuffing the book into my bag- against better judgement.

I change into some black ripped jeans and a lavender cardigan- and spray some sweet scented perfume on. I shrug on my bag and waltz out of my room with determination in each step.

"I'm ready to go on your satanic voyage." I call out to kilian as I run down the stairs. He eyes me as if I were his lunch- there's those silly butterflies again.

I feel his lips tug into a smile as he points at my feet.

"Without your shoes?" His deep voice rings out. I furrow my eyebrows and look at my feet.

One space kitty sock, and one smiling pineapple wearing sunglasses sock. Mismatched socks. I close my eyes and take another breath.

There goes that triumphant feeling of looking good.

I let out a laugh.

Maybe this wasn't going to be so bad after all.