Prologue

The fog spilled through the forest, twisting slowly through the trees. It crawled menacingly across the forest floor, ever so slowly coating the foliage.

The woods were eerily void of life, the usual rustling of creatures and ringing songs of the birds nowhere to be found. It was almost as if they knew what was coming.

A man, large and terrifying, stepped into the clearing. The fog was shoved aside, as if making way for him.

He made his way forward, his boot-clad steps graceful yet thundering, for there was no need to be silent. Nothing dared oppose him.

There was a rustling behind the man, and two more figures emerged.

"Was there any sign of her?" The bolder of the two asked, training his chocolate eyes on the lone figure of the man.

The two men held their breath as they waited for his answer, anticipating the worst.

"No."

Although he only spoke a single syllable, the powerful anger coursing through that one word was enough to send shivers down the spines of the two men.

The brown-eyed man spoke again, his confidence draining as he thought the best words to say that would ease the tension coursing between the pair of men and the terrifying beast.

"We can keep looking," the man stuttered out, his nervousness getting the best of him, "She has to be out there somewhere."

As if in slow motion, the monster of a man turned, facing the shaking pair of men. There was a long moment of silence, and the men looked anywhere but towards him. His stony silence only managed to worsen their nerves.

The man's glare never yielded as he shook his head only once.

The man simply stared at them, defeat written on his face. "Where else is there to look?" he asked, but he didn't receive an answer.

The man turned around without another word and made his way deeper into the forest, the fog covering up where he once stood.

Hi lovelies!!

This is only the prologue, which is why it's so short. The other chapters will be much longer, this is only a short little introduction.

I also promise that I'll be writing the least amount of author's notes as possible, as I know they're pretty annoying.

See you in the next chapter! Don't forget to vote and comment!

xoxo