30 ~ to accommodate her

(Lisa pov)

(Lisa pov)

Lisa felt her body temperature rise. Not because she was still holding Chaeyoung's hand and the girl was practically pressed up against her side.

But because their principle just spoke to Chaeyoung in a not so nice tone. Almost sounding angry to be seeing her.

"The number of unexcused absences you hold is about the same as the number of students we have here. Very impressive."

Lisa's mouth dropped.

"Hello Sir, I'm Ami Manoban, Lisa's mother." Lisa watched as her mom extended her hand and the principle took it gladly.

"Principle Jeon. It's a pleasure. And you must be Lisa." He extended his hand towards her after shaking her mothers.

Lisa really wanted to slap it away, but instead put on a fake smile and shook it. "Nice to meet you."

"I've heard a lot about you Miss Manoban. I hear you have great academic and athletic accomplishments."

"Oh, um, thank you." Lisa glanced down to Chaeyoung. She was still keeping her head down.

"I'm sure this lady filled you in on my request," Ami began but Principle Jeon just shook his head yes and put a hand out as a signal for Ami to stop.

"Yes she did, and unfortunately, I stand behind our policy. I cannot allow you to update Chaeyoung's contact information if she's not legally in your care or related in anyway."

"Please Sir. I just want to be contacted in case of emergencies. My daughter as well. I just want our numbers on hand for her."

"May I ask why?"

Lisa and Ami both looked at each other, confused by his question.

"Um, well Chaeyoung is staying with us now." Lisa responded.

"I'm aware." He stated. "But why have your information under her card? Why bother?"

"Well, we want to make sure if something happens we will be contacted for it." Ami started.

Her tone was clearly changing as she grew upset with his attitude, like Lisa.

"Something always happens with Chaeyoung." He said in monotone. "She's a druggie. There's really no point."

"Excuse me?" Ami questioned before Lisa could.

Chaeyoung backed up a bit and Lisa immediately stepped in front of her some.

"I mean. Look at her. I'm constantly being contacted by either students or their parents regarding her." He stated.

"I've tried time and time again to get a hold of her parents to no avail. They just let their child do drugs during school hours."