Stay Alive

Stay alive...

Stay alive...

I have never seen the General so despondent. I have taken over writing all her correspondence. Congress writes: "Georgia! Attack the British forces!" I shoot back: "We have resorted to eating out horses. Local merchants deny us equipment, assistance. They only take British money so sing a song of sixpence!"

The cavalry's not coming.

But—

Alex, listen. There's only one way for us to win this. Provoke outrage. Outright.

That's right.

Don't engage; strike by night! Remain relentless 'till their troops take flight.

Make it impossible to justify the cost of the fight. (Uh huh)

Outrun - (Outrun)

Outlast - (Outlast)

Hit 'em quick, get out fast - (Chick-a-plow!)

Stay alive 'till this horror show has past. We're gonna fly a lot of flag's half mast.

Raise a glass!

I'll go back to New York and my apprenticeship.

I ask for French aid, I pray that France has sent a ship.

I stay at work with Hamilton; we write essays against slavery and every day's a test of our camaraderie and bravery.

We cut supply lines, we steal contraband. We pick and choose our battles and places to take a stand. And every day: "Please, entrust me with a command!" And every day: "No." She dismisses me out of hand.

(Stay alive...) Instead of me she promotes Charlotte Lee! Makes her second-in-command.

I'm a general! Wee!

Yeah. She's not the choice I would have gone with.

She shits the bed at the Battle of Monmouth!

Everyone attack!

Retreat!

Attack!

Retreat!

What are you doing, Lee, get back on your feet!

But there's so many of them—

I'm sorry, is this not your speed? Hamilton!

Ready ma'am!

Have Lafayette take the lead.

Yes ma'am...

A thousand soldiers die in a hundred-degree heat.

As we snatch a stalemate from the jaws of defeat!

Charlotte Lee was left behind without a pot to piss in. She started sayin' this to anybody who would listen.

Washington cannot be left alone to her devices; indecisive from crisis to crisis! The best thing she can do for the revolution is turn an' go back to plantin' tobacco in Mount Vernon! - (Ooh!)

Don't do a thing, history will prove her wrong!

But ma'am—

We have a war to fight, let's move along!

Strong words from Lee, someone ought to hold her to it!

I can't disobey direct orders...

Then I'll do it. Alexandra, you're the closest friend I've got.

Laurens, do not throw away your shot.