Lantern in the Night (josh kiszka)

"It turns to night, fire light
Star shines in her eye
Makes me feel like I'm alive
She's outta sight, yeah"

~*~*~

"Are you sure they're still going to be awake?" You asked, looking out the car window into the darkness of the woods.

You and your best friend Mackenzi were meeting up with Danny, Sammy, Josh and Jake for camping. The two of you haven't seen the boys for about 3 months, except for FaceTime, but you were dying to see your boyfriends.

"Of course they will! I texted Danny about an hour ago, he said he'd still be up. Josh is probably waiting up with him. He's probably excited to see you Y/N," Mackenzi said in a captivating tone.

You chuckled a little, "I'm kinda nervous just thinking about it! I haven't seen him in so long! What if he doesn't even like my anymore?!"

"Oh come on Y/N! Josh completely adores you. The way he talks about you is astounding. You don't even know!"

When Mackenzi said that it made you blush and get even more butterflies in your stomach. All you could think about was Josh.

-

Mackenzie turned down a dirt road and saw a few campsites, which were all empty, but further down the road you saw a few lights.

"That's probably them!" Mackenzi said with excitement. She pulled up in front of the campsite and parked.

"We'll get the bags later," she said while getting out of the car.

"I'm so nervous Mack," you jittered.

The two of you walked further into the campsite where you saw a campfire and 4 boys sitting around it. You immediately knew it was them from their laughs.

You walked closer where you could see Josh's face illuminated reddish orange from the fire. He was more beautiful than you could remember. You saw him look up from the conversation and immediately smile from seeing you.

"There she is!" He exclaimed, hopping up from his chair and hurrying over to you. He immediately gave you a loving kiss and pulled you into a tight hug.

"Oh how I missed that beautiful smile of yours," he said pulling away from the hug.

"I missed you so much Joshua," you replied.

"The lovebirds back at it again," Sammy said, motioning to both you and Josh and Mackenzi and Danny.

"Where are your girlfriends then?" You questioned.

"They don't really like camping," Jake said.

"That's okay Jakey. It doesn't mean you and Sam can't have a little fun," Josh laughed.

Jake rolled his eyes and got up, "I'm going to bed."

Sam got up as well, "Yeah, me too. Don't keep us up all night."

You and Josh laughed at that remark.

"We're going too," Danny chimed in.

"Have fun," you inquired towards Mackenzi. She just raised her eyebrows at you and walked off with Danny.

"It's just you and me then," Josh said lustfully, pulling you into a more passionate kiss.

You smiled against his lips softly. You had missed this feeling so much.

"Can I show you something?" Josh asked pulling away.

"What?" You asked.

"Follow me."

He took hold of your hand and started leading you through the woods.

"Where are we going!"

"We're almost there Y/N! Be patient."

After a few more seconds Josh lead you into and opening in the forest.

"Wow," you said in awe, "It's beautiful."

You looked up into the night sky to see millions of bright, shining stars. They were so vibrant away from all of the city lights.

You and Josh laid down in the damp grass and looked up at the stars together, looking for constellations.

"It's amazing seeing stuff like this. Just exploring and seeing things you rarely see. It's absolutely breathtaking," Josh said.

You turned your head towards him. He was looking intently up at the stars, it made you love him even more.

"God, I love you," you said quietly.

The side of his mouth curled up and he looked at you. His smile was heavenly.

"I love you more Y/N Y/L/N."

You blushed and ran your hand across his cheek and through his soft hair. He was so beautiful. (*HE IS SO DAMN BEAUTIFUL I CAN'T. HIS FUCKING SMILE UGHH*)

"How was tour?" You asked.

"Pretty fun, besides the fact that I am non-stop thinking about you on stage and I can't even see you after the show. I mean, there was FaceTime, but that didn't really help much, especially when we were in different time zones."

"You really think about me on stage?" You questioned, still playing with a few of his curls.

"Of course I do," he grinned.

-

You and Josh both entered the tent together and went into the sleeping bag. The both of you were too tired to do anything, so you just decided to cuddle up with each other.

Josh wrapped his arm around you and you laid your head on his chest.

"I can't stop saying how much I missed you Y/N," Josh said quietly.

You giggled a little, "I know."

"But now you're here and you're not going anywhere!"

You turned your head up to his and kissed him warmly.

"That's all I want."

-
-
-
Gotta love me some Josh.
🌼🦋✌🏻⭐❤