s i x t e e n

When you arrive back home, the house seems as if no life has ever been in it.

Jin calls out a few of their names but there's no answer, "Well, guess they went out." he concludes.

You place your stuff on the kitchen counter and go up to change back into your pajamas.

When you walk out of the room, you see Jimin walk out of his, he was just pulling his shirt down when he notices you, smiling.

Like a coward, you run back into your room, instantly regretting the decision.

You sigh, "Idiot." you tell yourself.

When you peak outside of your room again and he's gone, you probably pushed him away even more.

You walk back out, going down the stairs but keeping an eye out for Jimin, you embarrassed yourself enough.

"Why are you tiptoeing?" Jin then appears out of the kitchen.

You flinch, "What?"

Then Jimin walks out of the living room, and you're awkwardly standing halfway down the stairs.

"You were tiptoeing?" Jimin asks, eyebrows raised.

"No." you defend, finishing your way down the steps, ignoring the awkward situation you've put yourself in.

You're sure that by this point, your face has turned bright red.

"Did that guy freak you out?" Jin asks, catching Jimin's attention.

"What guy?" he asks.

"Some weirdo came up at talked to her." he points at you, and Jimin's eyes are instantly on you.

"Did he touch you? Are you alright?" he approaches you, taking your hand, the contact almost making you gasp from the sudden spark you feel there.

"I'm fine." your voice suddenly gets low, and you pull your hand out of his grip, making him step back, "He didn't touch me, he just spoke about nothing."

"He told her she was the 'key'." Jin says, making jazz hands.

"Did he look familiar to you?" Jimin asks, you shake your head.

He then looks at Jin, who also gives the same response, Jimin tilts his head back and sighs.

"What?" you ask.

"I hate worrying about the fact that we could lose you." he says, making your heart beat faster.

"She'll be fine, she can take care of herself." Jin pats his back.

"I know, but it's still scary." Jimin looks back up at you, his eyes staying on yours for a while before you look away.

"Hey guys." Namjoon enters with Taehyung.

"Where'd you guys go?" you ask.

"Hoseok, Yoongi and Jungkook went grocery shopping, we got called into work." Taehyung answers.

"It's a Sunday." you raise a brow.

"Mhm." Namjoon replies.

"I need to talk to you." Jimin walks over to them and you look at Jin, he shrugs.

Jimin walks them into the living room, "Don't worry about it." Jin tells you, and walks upstairs.

But you can't just not worry about it, the very bad voice in the back of your head is telling you to go and listen to them.

And your good one isn't speaking to you at all, it wants you to go listen.

You take a few careful steps towards the living room and stay behind the door frame.