Friday Night Bites

"I'm not saying don't date the guy. Just take it slow." Bonnie tells Elena as we all get out of her car.
    "You were the one who said to go for it." Elena reminds her.
"Now, I'm saying take it slow."
    "She's got a point. I mean I'm dating Hunter and him and Stefan are brothers." I tell Bonnie.
"Why the about-face?" Elena asks both of them ignoring me.
"It's not an about-face. Your single for the first time in your entire high school career. It's the perfect time to play the field." Bonnie explains herself.
"Oh cause she's so that girl." I say.
"And you, your sophomore you don't need a boyfriend." She tells me.
"First, I'm 16 I'm old enough to have a boyfriend, I mean I'm doing driving classes soon and I'm just old enough. Second, I know I don't NEED a boyfriend but Hunter, He's different." I tell her and look at Elena to see if she's on my side and she nods.
"Seriously Bon, what're you not saying?" Elena asks.
"It's stupid." She says and we both give her a look saying spill it. "I accidentally touched Stefan and got a really bad feeling." She tells us.
"Is that it? Bonnie?" Elena stops Bonnie ad she tries to walk away.
"It was bad, bad."
"Is the whole witch MoJo thing again?" Elena asks.
"You know what? I'm just concerned. This is me expressing concern about my bestfriend's new boyfriend, and her little sister who is practically a little sister to me as well." She says looking at me and I nod saying I get it.
"And we love you for it, we do. But I feel good. It's been a hard year, and I'm starting to kinda feel like things are getting back to normal again. And you know what, Stefan is a big part of that." Elena says and Stefan walks up to us.
"Good morning, Elena. Bonnie, Phoebe." Ge says and gives us nods.
"Hey, um, I gotta find Caroline, She's bot answering her phone. So.. I'll see you guys later." She tells us and walks off.
"Bonnie wait..." Elena tries but she keeps walking.
"She doesn't like me very much."
"She doesn't know you. She's my bestfriend, she's just looking out for me. But when she does, she will love you. Here's what were gonna do, are you free tonight?"
"Yes."
"Perfect. Dinner, my house. 8:00. You, me, Bonnie, Phoebe and Hunter. We will all spend quality time together, and she'll get to see what a great guy you are. Mission accomplished."
"Oh, um, I don't know, Lena."
"Come on, Phebs, I wanna get to know your boyfriend."
"I get that. But I really don't want to scare him off." I tell her.
"Oh stop being dramatic. Just invite him over. It will be great." She tells me.
"Fine. I've gotta get to class." I tell her and walk towards the school.
"Hey, Phoebe. See you at cheer practice today?" Caroline asks me.
"Oh I don't-"
"She'll be there." Jo says from beside me.
"Great, I'll see you there." Caroline smiles and walks off.
"Jo." I sigh.
"Don't Jo me, okay last year you we're one of the only freshman to make Varsity, guess all that time in dance paid off. Also I overheard that a certain Salvatore boy asked Coach this morning to join the team."
"Yeah, I know. Hunter told me."
"And that wasn't enough for you to say yes? Look Phoebe, you loved cheer. I know you did, just go and try it and decide if you still love it." She tells me.
"Fine. I did love it." I tell her.
"Told ya. Plus Elena and Bonnie are on the squad." She tells me with a smile.

▫️▫️▫️

We're all stretching when Elena walks up to practice.
"Oh my god! You're here!" Bonnie says jumping up and hugging Elena.
"Yep, can't be sad girl forever. The only way to get things back to the way things were is to do things that were. Oh and you're coming to dinner tonight."
"I am?" Bonnie asks with a smile.
"Mhm. You, Phoebe, me, Hunter, and Stefan." Elena tells her and she frowns. "You have to give hime a chance."
"But tonights no good. Have you seen Caroline I've texted her like 100 times."
"Don't change the subject Bonnie Bennet! You need to be there, someone needs to stop Elena from showing Hunter some very embarrassing childhood photos of me." I plead with her.
    "Fine! I'll go."
    "Good." Elena tells her. "Also, those pictures are definitely coming out." She tells me.
   "Nope."
   "Phebs I already have an album made for this exact situation."
  "Ugh. Fine just not any bad ones. Like naked child me or anything." I tell her.
  "Okay." She says with a laugh.
  "Seriously where is Caroline?" Bonnie asks.
  "I don't know. It's not like her. Try her again."
   "No need for that, Bon. She decided to finally show up." I say point to where she was driving up in a car with a guy that I can't see the face of quite yet.
   "Oh my god. That must be the mystery guy from the grille." Bonnie tells us.
   "That's no mystery guy. That's Damon Salvatore."
   "Salvatore? As in Stefan and Hunter?" Bonnie asks us and we nod as Caroline gets out of the car.
   "I got the other brother. Hope you don't mind." Caroline says towards Elena. "Sorry I was late girls. I was uh, busy. Alright let's start with a double pick herky hurdler." She tells us.
   "Um, isn't that like, illegal?" I ask Elena.
   " I don't even know." She tells me as she stares at Damon.
Were practicing on the dances, when Caroline tells Elena to observe. She wasn't picking up the moves as fast as me but I guess I have 8 years of dance to thank for that. I'd work with her on them.
I give her an apologetic look and she gives me a smile. We continue to practice them and I start to remember how much I loved cheer to begin with.