betrayal?

after the battle with the lynel, you helped link walk back to zora's domain. he limped every now and then and you tried to comfort him, telling him about his bravery and that everything would be fine.

as you both entered the domain, lots of zoras were running around frantically, most of them standing outside the medic's building. you slowly made your ways over and sighed in relief when you saw the prince sitting up on a bed, smiling and talking to a few of the zoras. the young hero eyed you, his blue electric eyes watching every second of you. 

link couldn't help but think how lucky he was. 

if you hadn't got to him in time, he definitely would've died! whether it be from the lynel itself or the raging waters below the domain. he smiled to himself and stared at your face as you talked to the zora medic and he watched all of the zoras walking out. link started to recall some memories of you and he thought of some of them from rito village and when you had first met him, his mind filling up with happiness. he remembered when you both had a shield surfing race and when he had chased you around in the rito children's cooking spot, which ended really awkwardly...

he also remembered when you joined him in the small lake.

link felt his cheeks grow warm, and he tried to push the memory as far away as possible. he needed to concentrate on defeating vah ruta, after all.

"link, you can rest in here."

the young hero brought his attention to the old zora and nodded. you helped him over to the bed next to sidon and gently assisted him into it. you checked his temperature. your soft hand touching his forehead. 

warm.

you looked at link with concern, but instantly changed it to relief. you spoke to him in a soft and gentle voice.

"you'll be alright, link. i'll let you rest."

you turned around, about to walk away from the bed when a hand grabbed your wrist. you whipped your head around and saw link looking up at you, his pointy ears being slightly pink. 

"can you stay? here? with... me?"

you were taken aback at his words. sure, you've seen some of the softness of the knight, like when you saw him with the rito children and when he returned from defeating vah medoh. but you've never seen him act like this before. he was quieter, more reserved and timid.

a pink hue crossed your cheeks, making you dart your eyes away from link's captivating ones. his grip on your wrist was gentle, but strong at the same time. you managed to direct your eyes to his own again and you gave him a closed smile.

"where else would i be?"

——(link's p.o.v)——

link could feel his lips turn upwards from y/n's reply and his face grew even warmer. but what wondered in link's mind was how alluring y/n was. he didn't even understand why he was so entranced by her, despite only knowing her for a few weeks. link felt as if he had some kind of connection to the young girl, naturally bringing him closer to her. 

he shuffled over to his left side of the water bed, making sure he left enough space for y/n. she sat on the bed and inched closer to link, making his mind run wild as their shoulders touched. link paced his breathing with hers, finding it extremely calming that he felt himself slowly drift off to sleep a bit. 

"link! y/n! i'm glad you're both safe!"

link jolted back to reality and leaned forward slightly. he saw sidon smile widely at him. y/n turned her head to face the zora prince and she started chatting with him. 

seriously?!

maybe link wasn't so lucky after all. he was finally able to be with y/n, alone, and away from everyone and everything. but of course, it only lasted for about 5 seconds. y/n spoke to sidon.

"how are you holding up, sidon?"

-

"i'm doing quite well, actually! although i've seen better days..."

y/n let out a hearty laugh and link felt himself fill up with adoration. he had to admit it, you were really cute to him.

"well, link and i could say the same! speaking of link..."

she turned towards the blonde.

"are you sure you want to take on vah ruta tomorrow? maybe you should get some proper rest and heal up a bit. maybe even train..."

link thought about y/n's idea. his placed his finger on his chin, tapping it lightly.

——(your p.o.v)——

you prayed to the goddesses that link would agree to your proposition. he really needed to relax more...

you were travelling with the hero of hyrule, the one who was expected to finally defeat calamity ganon and release hyrule from the demon king's destruction. the hero surely needed at least a few days to relax and relieve his stress!

link's eyes focused onto your e/c ones. he smiled and nodded. 

you returned his smile and patted his shoulder, showing him you appreciated him for considering your worries for him. you looked over at sidon again.

"sidon, is that alright with you?"

-

"of course, my lady! as link already knows, i must help him take down vah ruta. however, i must admit, i cannot do so with my injury. that damned lynel..."

-

"that settles that then! we'll defeat vah ruta when you're both feeling healthy and strong!"

you laughed, making sidon join in with you. you noticed link hadn't said anything in a while and you returned your attention back at him. his eyes showed it all.

his blue eyes showed only regret, they glanced at sidon's yellow ones. the zora prince's mirrored link's expression. both of them fell silent.

"link? sidon? what's wrong?"

sidon opened his mouth, ready to speak when another cut him off. link's soft and deep voice entered your pointy ears making your heart drop.

"y/n... you're not coming with us."