You cannot heal your wounds if you are busy hiding them

I woke up the next morning with a little bit of a stiff neck. I was squished in between the couch cushions and Chris who looked like he was about to fall off the edge of the couch. He was facing me with an arm draped across my waist. Still sound asleep, his mouth slightly ajar as he breathed in and out deeply. I smiled watching him for a moment. Whatever I had done in my life to earn his love I wasn't sure, but I knew I was lucky to have him.

I squirmed a little trying not to wake him up. I wasn't sure of the time but had a feeling I was going to be late for work if I didn't move now.

Chris stirred and his eyes twitched before fluttering open.

He smiled at me. "Hi." His voice was raspy from sleep.

"Hi yourself."

"Going somewhere?" He asked.

I nodded.

He closed his eyes again with a smile. I started to move to sit up but felt his fingers brush along the top of my underwear.

"Really?" I asked.

"Really." He didn't open his eyes but firmly pressed his body against mine and I could feel him growing hard. I laughed.

"Keep it in your pants sir."

"Well it's not my fault I woke up to you in that underwear!" He hooked his finger in the band of my underwear and pulled back letting it snap against my hip bone.

"Someone, not naming names, threw my shorts last night and I don't know where they went."

He chuckled into the pillow. "You shouldn't be allowed to wear clothes. Matter of fact, new rule. If you're home, you're naked."

I rolled my eyes, "What about you?"

"Sure." He lazily opened an eye. "I say we get naked right now."

"I'm sure you do." I playfully pinched his side.

He laughed but let me slide over him to get off the couch. I stopped midway to straddle him.

"Last night was really good." I ran my fingers through his hair. He inhaled deeply, closing his eyes he tilted his head from side to side in my hands.

"It was better than good." His hands ran up my back. "I've missed you so much Bree."

"I know." I wiggled my butt against his lap where he was still very much hard.

He shook his head slowly as a warning, "Don't do that if you're not prepared for the consequences."

"I'll have to take a rain check." I looked at the large clock above the mantel. "I have 30 minutes to get to work."

"You could stay home." He pushed his hips up from the couch making me bounce on his lap.

"I have court today." I stuck out my lower lip.

"Well I guess I'll have to take that rain check then."

"I'll make it up to you." I promised leaning down to kiss him.

"Oh I know you will." The kiss deepened and he pushed me back and off him practically shoving me to the floor. "You've got to go." He pointed, "I can't stop." He glanced down at his open pants.

"Take a cold shower." I offered with a laugh as I walked towards the bedroom.

"Won't help." He called after me. "Only cure for me is you."

I quickly grabbed the first clean outfit I saw in my closet and a pair of heels. My hair was a mess so I did my best to smooth it down but gave up, and opted for a messy bun instead. I cringed looking at myself in the mirror. This wasn't a good look for court. A mark on my neck caused me to do a double take and practically hit my head on the mirror as I dove forward to get a better look. Purple-red bruises were all over my lower neck and collar bone.