FINALE

Thank you so much for making it here. I would also like to take this opportunity to congratulate  Linne123456 for winning a copy of the book because of her active comments. Cheers!

...

Finale

Although Theo's face held an aristocratic bearing, it did not make him less good-looking. He was sharply-dressed in Armani suit—as if this day is the most special day of his life. His eyes were fixed on hers. Liberty was extremely riveted by everything that was happening. She lost the right words to say. Her tears just begun to shed to speak what she truly felt.

"You're too beautiful to cry, baby."

Theo's voice plus his sweet gestures brought her a breath of fresh air. She did not see this coming. All she knew was she's supposedly be here saving something from Captain Red's office so she could run after Jean's kidnapper. However, from the looks of it, Jean was one of the accomplices of this sweetest crime.

"Atleast say a word, baby." Theo teased her. He tucked her hair behind her ears followed by a gentle kiss on her forehead. They were on the spotlight. She can hear flashes of camera and giggles from people around them.

Liberty couldn't help but to shake her head in disbelief. Instead of saying something, she lightly hammered Theo's chest then cried a river. The latter just chuckled and pulled her unto a hug. All she could do was to cry—this time because of too much happiness. This was the biggest surprise she ever had. Suddenly, she saw her teenager-self that fell in love with Theo. Her struggles and how she forgot about him. She saw herself running down after the perps when she decided to enter her brother's world. Years later, after forgetting everything about this man, destiny made a way to cross their paths again.

What they have was undoubtedly a fairytale bliss. Liberty felt like she was a queen, with the way her king hugged her. It's as if she was his greatest possession. Who would have thought she could possibly be someone's apple of the eye?

"H—how did you prepare all of these?" Finally she was able to utter a question. Still, there was a hint of surprise in her voice. Theo just smiled at her.

"Simple. I just pulled some strings, paid my actors then poof! Believe me, it was hardly thought. I'm sorry if I scared you a little, baby. I just don't want to spoil my surprise. I've been waiting for this day to happen. A very good friend of mine informed me that you were planning to resign because of me. Of course, I was an idiot not to believe it at first. But then, you appeared in my office yesterday. I did not waste my time anymore. I am scared as hell but still I will not waste a chance to ask this..." Theo knelt down and opened a velvet box in front of her. Like a clichéd love story of a normal couple, she wasn't able to control her hands from covering her mouth as she was anticipating for the question.

"Will you be mine from this day forward? Will you be my wife, baby?"

When she gasped, the clocked stopped from ticking, as if waiting for her cue to continue. People around them suddenly paused. Theo was holding his breath as the tiny drops of sweat started to form from the top of his nose. The question completely enthralled Liberty that she totally forgot that they were waiting for her answer.

"Baby?" Theo's voice was shaking in fear. It was as if a cue for Liberty to respond, she nodded her head continuously.

"Of course, who am I to say no? Crazy, Montreal!" she exclaimed, still crying. God! She just can't stop. Her heart was pounding so fast that she could not contain her emotion.

"It was the scariest one minute of my life, baby! Fucking, thank you!" Theo kissed the back of her hand before sliding a diamond ring on her finger.