Chapter 3 : B O L D

Jae Rin was in a private library and have her dad's representatives take care of her to keep her safe from the outside world of mafia.

She's currently studying and wanted peace after what had just happened last night. It clearly took her by surprise, and even the representatives were really that oblivious sometimes which she's annoyed of.

"I'm just going to grab a book. Don't come. I'm fine by myself." She informed as she stood up from her seat and didn't wait for any of them to object.

She walked up to the aisle and looked for a history book that she needed for her homework. She came back to the table with two books and saw her dad's two representatives knocked out on the floor.

"They're useless." Jae Rin rolled her eyes at the sight, then she started to think to run away. 'They found me.'

She started packing her stuffs quickly as possible before she gets in trouble. She stood for a moment as she stared at her father's representatives on the floor, lying there unconscious. She breathe out a frustrated sigh as she rub her fingers through her hair. 'There's just no way I'm going to go home.'

She was prohibited in using, or even touching, vehicles. Her appa reasoned that it might out her in danger or she can get tracked down. 

"Where do you think you're going?" The man caught her wrist which made her stopped running.

"To nowhere." She mumbled as she looked down, avoiding the gaze that she's receiving. The man pinned her onto the wall and started to get closer to her.

"You do know that when talking, you actually need to look at them in the eye. It's called respect doesn't it." He mentioned in his low voice. She looked at her in all rage in her eyes and  kneed him right down there, which caused him to fall on the hard concrete ground.

Before she could even run away, a bag was put over her head and two men held her arms immediately.

"GET HER OUT OF HERE! I DON'T WANT ANYONE TO SEE HER." The man yelled angrily, whilst in pain, at his two men. They both practically dragged Jae Rin as she squirmed herself and tried to escape the grips of the two people holding her.

Before they could even put her inside the van, Jae Rin tried her best to shout or yell on top of her lungs, "Get away from me!"

The man chuckled at her actions, "No can do miss." He leaned in to her ear and whispered. "We're at the back of the library. No one can and will hear you screaming."

"Of course." Jae Rin huffed in annoyance. The man sprayed something into the bag which caused the girl to fall from her feet, but thankfully one of the men caught her. He put her at the back seat and went at the passenger seat in front.

"So are we going now?" The man asked his partner, who's at the driver seat.

"We need to. After this we're done. We get the money, we leave the mafia world." The driver explained and stepped on the gas.

They started driving to somewhere. Once they arrived at some warehouse in the downtown city, a man park the car while the other one carried the unconscious girl inside.

⏩⏩⏩

The girl opened her eyes groggily, well aware of the dull ache that was forming at the base of her skull. Her eyes struggled to focus on her surroundings, and when they did, she blinked dumbly.

She was in a warehouse, not an ordinary one. An abandoned one.

In fact, there wasn’t even a light to the room; the only thing that she could see was due to the only light from the light bulb above her.

She groaned in exhaustion as she tilted her head from side to side. She's still feeling uneasy from the feeling that she's receiving and sure enough she knew that the two men that kidnapped her had used a spray that had put her to sleep.

"Ah. So you're finally awake I see." A voice echoed through the area, making Jae Rin look up from the floor but he was nowhere in sight.

"What do you want." She stated emotionlessly making the man let out a chuckle.

"It's simple. I just want to get back at your father for not agreeing with me." He simply said, walking to the light. Her eyes adjusted at the figure and realized that it was the man that she kneed before.

"Let me go." The girl said bluntly, as she squirmed in her seat.

"You know I can't do that." The man said, walking closer to the girl putting his finger out and letting it trailed down on the side of her face. She quickly turned away and pulled back from his touch making the man let out a low chuckle.

"Mr Lee does know how to raise a lady right." He let out a smirk on his lips as he stared deeply into her eyes.

'If only my hands weren't tied, his face will be a mess now.' Jae Rin thought to herself as she was disgusted at the man in front of her.

Just then, a noice distracted the tension making the man look up from her. "What?!" The man looked behind to his men and let out a growl. "Boys! Guard the warehouse! The whole warehouse! I don't want any visitors at this time!"

All his men got out of the room, obeying their boss, and they all started to run to where the noise came from. The man stood up and pointed at the girl in a warningly manner, "I will come back and continue this conversation with you." He run out of the light as Jae Rin watched him disappear to the darkness.

A scream and yell was heard from one of his men, followed by another scream and yell and another one. The screams were terrifying and horrendous. They were screaming and yelling in pain, that was echoing through the hallways.